What's new

How To JAILBREAK iPhone 4S & iPad 2 UNTETHERED iOS 5.0.1 Mac OS X + Windows

I can confirm I'm now jailbroken

I love the idea of the video you made, but is there any way to make the text more clear? I was debating following-along but I couldn't read any of the words to even see the files you were clicking on. Maybe I'm just old...

I too, would like a nice clear step by step tutorial. I am new to iPhone and lost as ever :)

Hey all-

I am OFFICIALLY jailbroken n Windows 7 64bit!!

I found this on the net and it is STUPID EASY!!

Jan

[h=1]HOW TO: Jailbreak Your iPhone 4S/iPad 2 On Windows[/h]

Great news from the iPhone DevTeam this morning. The updated CLI jailbreak now supports Windows too, and in this tutorial we’re going to show how to use it to jailbreak your iPhone 4S and/or iPad 2.
NOTE: for mac version, read this tutorial…
1. Download the CLI here and unzip it to the root of your hard drive
2. Connect your device
3. Click Start > Run > CMD
4. cd into the cinject_0.4.3 folder

5. Type cinject -i payloads/jailbreak.mobileconfig
6. On your device you should see a provisional profile popping up and asking you to install. Do it.

7. Type cinject -j payloads
8. Type cinject -w
9. On your device, load Settings.app and toggle ON the VPN
10. Your Device will reboot
11. That’s it. Enjoy

The VPN password is jailbreak.

It Worked!! As soon as my phone rebooted, there was cydia! There are some several minute pauses in the middle so don't panic. I got an error after turning VPN on but it still rebooted and worked!

WOOOFRIGGGGINWHOOOOO!!! :p

I cannot for the life of me connect to greenpois0n. Anyone else have any luck? I can't get the download.

I cannot get this work first off the 4th step about cd into cinject can someone clarify ?
and 2nd it keeps telling me access is denied its not a valid win32 program
someone help please :(

I cannot get this work first off the 4th step about cd into cinject can someone clarify ?
and 2nd it keeps telling me access is denied its not a valid win32 program
someone help please :(

I was a little confused at first too.

You actually have to type it just like it says, then it will look just like what you see.

typing "cd \" puts you into the directory where cinject folder was unzipped. So while it looks like he typed "C:\cinject_0.4.3" that actually becomes the C: prompt, then you type it again after that prompt- I think. Admittedly I fumbled through it myself and didn't take notes :-(

I was a little confused at first too.

You actually have to type it just like it says, then it will look just like what you see.

typing "cd \" puts you into the directory where cinject folder was unzipped. So while it looks like he typed "C:\cinject_0.4.3" that actually becomes the C: prompt, then you type it again after that prompt- I think. Admittedly I fumbled through it myself and didn't take notes :-(
ok so now i did it and now it wont restart i went and toggled the vpn but just tells me a configuration error occured

:\ what now

ok so now i did it and now it wont restart i went and toggled the vpn but just tells me a configuration error occured

I got the error when I turned on VPN but it still rebooted and continued on with the process. Your phone just turned off and won't come back on?

should i restart it manually or ?
kinda scared to turn it off
so any advice would be awesome .
anyone else have this issue ?
and how did you fix it

thnks in advance

I got the error when I turned on VPN but it still rebooted and continued on with the process. Your phone just turned off and won't come back on?
nope never even rebooted