What's new

UNTETHERED JAILBREAK For iPhone 4S and iPad 2 WORKING!

PhilSynowiec

iPhoneForums.net News Team
Reaction score

Pod2g, the person responsible for the upcoming UNTETHERED iOS 5.0 and 5.0.1 Jailbreak, has posted a blog post with the current status of the process. This Jailbreak has been in the works for the past few months and has had it's fair share of kinks in the road. Apple unfortunately patched Pod2g's exploit which he was working on, so he had to start from scratch. The older devices are doing just fine with this Jailbreak and now we have confirmation of another step forward for the A5 devices.

"OK, figured it out, the A5 cache is not a problem anymore.
I sorted it out by doing the untether in a single thread and by flushing all the dcache then all the icache in a row at a strategical point of the process.

It took me like a hundred of tests to find the key. Hard for the nerves.

For the tech guys, here is a link explaining issues related to self modifying code ( or code patching ) on the ARM platform : Caches and Self-Modifying Code - ARM Community

Another news : I discussed with @saurik today about the launchd boot process, and he's found one missing piece of the puzzle I needed to have a perfectly stable jailbreak. He's definitly one of the best iOS gurus out there. Thank you saurian!"

The founder of Cydia himself stepped in to help out Pod2g by supposedly giving him a missing piece of the puzzle. This is all Pod2g needed to complete a "perfectly stable Jailbreak". We should be seeing a Jailbreak for at least the non-A5 devices very soon with the Jailbreak for the iPhone 4S and iPad 2 coming shortly after. Stay tuned for the latest news on the Jailbreak!

pod2g's iOS blog: No more cache troubles

Last edited by a moderator:
wont be long now for a final release.. I bet some time after 5.1 is released and hopefully the exploit will work on that firmware also

maybe.. I remember one of their unlocks was even released on new years eve but this is a huge step closer to final release, but i would bet some time after 5.1 release so the devs can see if the same exploit will work rather then releasing it now and then apple patching it for 5.1

This is friggin awesome news!!

I LOVE the iPhone 4S- I HATE the lack user control!

Kudos!!

Is there an offering plate on the net somewhere for the dev teams that do this?

Rik

check the developers sites and there is some where, depending on what tool you have used, for redsn0w it would be this site: Dev-Team Blog

Thanks!

I haven't used any of the jailbreak stuff yet. I just got my first iPhone and I'm desperately waiting for the jailbreak for it so I can actually set it how I want it- not how Apple thinks I should have it. I'd just like to show some appreciation for the guys who are going to make that possible.

Rik

that is kind of you, I do the same and every X amount of time donate a small amount, they do spend countless hours to provide us with a free tool to jailbreak and hopefully it wont be long before we can un tethered jailbreak our ios 5 devices

This is awesome news!! I'm excited to try on my iPhone. For now I'm learning the ropes using my iPod touch due to being a newbie. You guys all rock!!

This is awesome news!! I'm excited to try on my iPhone. For now I'm learning the ropes using my iPod touch due to being a newbie. You guys all rock!!

+1. I have the 4s and Cablevision gave me a iTouch 4g for switching over from Fios. lol newbie as well. (CAme from the Android world)

I currently have Verizon iPhone 4s and planning to leave Verizon paying early contract termination fee. Hence, I have a question:
Considering that the jailbreak for iPhone 4s iOS 5.0.1 is just around the corner, will I be able to, using the jailbreak method, to unlock my Verizon iPhone 4s and use it on T-Mobile network? Yes, I understand that I won't get 3G data speed, but EDGE might work fine for me as well.
Thank you in advance for your response.

I currently have Verizon iPhone 4s and planning to leave Verizon paying early contract termination fee. Hence, I have a question:
Considering that the jailbreak for iPhone 4s iOS 5.0.1 is just around the corner, will I be able to, using the jailbreak method, to unlock my Verizon iPhone 4s and use it on T-Mobile network? Yes, I understand that I won't get 3G data speed, but EDGE might work fine for me as well.
Thank you in advance for your response.

Edge is not fast enough to even load websites. But I doubt the devs will even bother trying to unlock the Verizon version. Muscle nerd deals with unlock though.