What's new

iPhone 4S & iPad 2 JAILBREAK RELEASE DATE iOS 5 UNTETHERED!

people who love infinidock and had it before on an earlier jb, be !!warned!! as soon as you install it again it'll revert ALL your apps and pages to the last order you were using before you restored. there must be some prefs setting that survives a restore. i spent hours getting my pages just like i wanted them when i was unjailbroken and all of that's now been erased after reinstalling infinidock post jb. very frustrated.

Last edited:
Tiffany84 said:
For any of u on windows and want to try using a vm. I have a link to a tutorial on how to get lion os x up on a vm running windows 7. It's really easy to do. I've never used a vm or JB a phone and I done it without any trouble and I now have a jail broken iPhone 4s!!!! Yay!! Let me know and I'll post it.

Pm me for a tutorial I'd love to jailbreak later today... I'm running windows xp though

Afternoon news:

“@pimskeks: Ok folks, last remaining issues of the windows version of #Absinthe have been resolved. Just a few tests and we'll release it :)”

Afternoon news:

“@pimskeks: Ok folks, last remaining issues of the windows version of #Absinthe have been resolved. Just a few tests and we'll release it :)”
So it's not out for windows or what? you got me a little confused

It is out for windows, but you have to go into cmd to use it, this one that they are going to release should be a lot easier to use.

like the one for iPhone 4 greenpoison? yeah two clicks and you were j/b. hope it comes out quick i've been on trying to figure this out and my head really hurts LOL!

Yeah the windows version gonna be on later today. P0sixninja just posted on twitter

Just jailbroke by IPhone 4S using Mac OS 10.6.8 and Absinthe-1. Could not been any easier or simple.
Just removed my password first and hit "jailbreak"--the rest was all automatic.
Jailbreaking my Ipod touch was a lot harder to do.
guy

Just did the jail brake on my iPad 2. Reinstalled all my Cydia Apps. Viola', it works GREAT !!!!!

Just jailbroke by IPhone 4S using Mac OS 10.6.8 and Absinthe-1. Could not been any easier or simple.
Just removed my password first and hit "jailbreak"--the rest was all automatic.
Jailbreaking my Ipod touch was a lot harder to do.
guy
that's the beauty of greenpois0n (absinthe). it's so simple compared to redsn0w and sn0wbreeze which require creation of an ipsw restore file which makes you essentially restore the whole phone. whatever they're doing, greenpois0n seems to make it work like a simple update you'd download from itunes which doesn't require a restore. very cool and super easy jb this time after a very long wait. as others have said - where do i donate? :-D

pianoman said:
that's the beauty of greenpois0n (absinthe). it's so simple compared to redsn0w and sn0wbreeze which require creation of an ipsw restore file which makes you essentially restore the whole phone. whatever they're doing, greenpois0n seems to make it work like a simple update you'd download from itunes which doesn't require a restore. very cool and super easy jb this time after a very long wait. as others have said - where do i donate? :-D

You are wrong there. The creation of custom ipsw is only for locked phones to preserve baseband. Other than that jailbreaking is very simple with redsnow.

You are wrong there. The creation of custom ipsw is only for locked phones to preserve baseband. Other than that jailbreaking is very simple with redsnow.
that's just it. the vast majority of us have locked iphones. so greenpois0n will always be easier than redsn0w for us - for the very reasons you said: ipsw's will be needed for locked phones with redsn0w. ipsw creation = more convoluted.

pianoman said:
that's just it. the vast majority of us have locked iphones. so greenpois0n will always be easier than redsn0w for us - for the very reasons you said: ipsw's will be needed for locked phones with redsn0w. ipsw creation = more convoluted.

Lol true! See, in Greece all carriers sell the phones unlocked, and momentarily I forgot most iphones in the States are locked to their respective carriers.

Here I can buy it from any store and any carrier store and use it with whatever carrier I like (thank God).