What's new

How To JAILBREAK iPhone 4S & iPad 2 UNTETHERED iOS 5.0.1 Mac OS X + Windows

i re followed all the steps but at the end when you cinject - w
i let it roll for a bit
toggled vpn and it just worked not 2 sure what i did diffrent but maybe was extra cautious with the steps

Question solved- I went ahead and ran the Windows version JB without uninstalling anything and everything went very smoothly.

I am still wondering if the Windows version is out yet....the title says it is now, but I can't find where to download it. The link is not working.......it really hasn't been working since yesterday for that matter, lol.

I am still wondering if the Windows version is out yet....the title says it is now, but I can't find where to download it. The link is not working.......it really hasn't been working since yesterday for that matter, lol.

Windows version is indeed out and working properly. Did you try the link in post #66?

Wow, that was easy! I'm a kid in a candy store now :)
Thanks to all involved!

enlightened said:
Windows version is indeed out and working properly. Did you try the link in post #66?

It's my understanding that the windows version is NOT out yet, only a command line version. Is this correct?

I did exactly what post #66 said. It works properly. I've got an error message, but anyway everything went fine. My 4s is jailbroken now. Thanks to Rik756. By the way I did it on win7x64.

I have done it about 5 times and always end up with the prompt:

Glenns-iphone kernal[0] <debug>: 010292.331642 hsic-baseband::deviceReadyInterrupt: interval of 99ms, should be >= 100ms.

Guess I will wait for the 1 step link lol. Bummer. I am using Windows7. 32 bit..

Can't get it past the vpn point. Not rebooting. Damn I miss the Android one-click root days.

Hey guys I have been having the same problems you guys have had, and I am glad to inform you that I am now jail broken. Here is the trick:
-back up your iPhone
-go to settings>general>reset>erase all content and settings.
-try the jailbreak again

I hope it works for you too :D

Yea worked for me after that. Too bad nobody mentioned the reset part before..

ok, ive been following these steps,

Step 0. Important!!! Set your iPad 2 / iPhone 4S as a new phone / tablet and restore firmware 5.0.1 on it. If you already started to configure it, run Settings app and select General > Reset > Erase All Content And Settings. Ensure that your iPad / iPhone is on, connected via USB to your PC and iTunes is not started. All other iTunes related process should be also stopped (Run Task Manager and make sure they are stopped). You might also need to turn off any antivirus app you have.

For this process, your iDevice should stay on the Home screen and ON. Disable screen protection and password, set to NEVER or anything more than 10 minutes

Step 1. Download the cinject 0.4.3 from the link provided

Step 2. Unzip it on the root of the hard drive. Let&#8217;s assume the drive is c:\

Step 3. For simplicity, let&#8217;s rename the folder cinject. Inside the folder you should have the content of the zip files like in the following screenshot.

Step 4. Start a command prompt windows as administrator (All Programs->Accessories->Command Prompt). Right click on Command Prompt and select Run as Administrator

Step 5. Navigate using CD command to the cinject folder. If you are in a different folder, perform a &#8220;cd c:\cinject&#8221; (no quotes) followed by Enter

Step 6. Once in the cinject folder, type

cinject.exe -i payloads/jailbreak.mobileconfig

(also no quotes) followed by Enter. Ensure that your iPad / iPhone is connected to your PC and it is on Home screen. This step will install a Profile called jailbreak on your device containing VPN settings which later will be used to inject the jailbreaking code. Watch your device screen until you are prompt for an install, accept it, leave the password field blank in the subsequent field and follow the process clicking Next until the profile installation is complete.

Step 7. Go back to the command prompt and execute the following command: (no quotes) followed by Enter

cinject.exe -j payloads

Step 8. After the previous command is complete, execute the following command in the command prompt window followed by Enter

cinject.exe -w

Syep 9. Back to your device, after the previous command is executed (takes about a minute and you&#8217;ll see a lot of activity in the command prompt), change the VPN from OFF to ON. Your device should display an error dialog box followed by a auto-restart. Upon restart, you should see Cydia installed!!!

Step 10. That&#8217;s it, share your experiences to help others

But when doing step 7, when the CMD window says creating backup it fails after a loing wait saying "bad file descriptor, assertion failed ". what am i doing wrong? it's the furthest i've got so far, so willing to keep trying. any help would be appreciated