What's new

How To JAILBREAK iPhone 4S & iPad 2 UNTETHERED iOS 5.0.1 Mac OS X + Windows

I having the same problem :(

Other than rebooting and starting over I don't know what to tell you guys ;-( I went back to the site where I got it and there was only one comment mentioning the unknown configuration error but no reply or solution to it.

Sorry guys, I wish I knew more to help...

Other than rebooting and starting over I don't know what to tell you guys ;-( I went back to the site where I got it and there was only one comment mentioning the unknown configuration error but no reply or solution to it.

Sorry guys, I wish I knew more to help...
re did all the steps same error :/
cannot jailbreak this thing
i rebooted and everything seemed fine but no cydia
anyone have any tips ?

I got the error when I turned on VPN but it still rebooted and continued on with the process. Your phone just turned off and won't come back on?

I get that same configuration error, did you guys hit okay or just let the phone sit? I have done both and it doesn't reboot.

Hey guys, good news....

“@pimskeks: Ok folks, last remaining issues of the windows version of #Absinthe have been resolved. Just a few tests and we'll release it :)”

golfinglenn said:
I get that same configuration error, did you guys hit okay or just let the phone sit? I have done both and it doesn't reboot.

I hit ok both times
but still no cydia it shuts off and reboots fine
don't know if I should try a 3rd time or just wait til they take out the last of the bugs
not to sure if I did something wrong I did follow all the steps

Hey guys, good news....

“@pimskeks: Ok folks, last remaining issues of the windows version of #Absinthe have been resolved. Just a few tests and we'll release it :)”
hey dude, when u release it can you put in up with a few mirrors, don't want to break any ones servers like green pois0n is going through right now! haahaha

I hit ok both times
but still no cydia it shuts off and reboots fine
don't know if I should try a 3rd time or just wait til they take out the last of the bugs
not to sure if I did something wrong I did follow all the steps
Dont know what you mean by "hit ok" both times. As I recall the only things I did on the phone were to hit the install button and slide VPN on. Did you get something else?

EDIT: And even though there was plenty of room on my home screen, it still put the cydia icon on the second page. Dunno why.

Rik756 said:
Dont know what you mean by "hit ok" both times. As I recall the only things I did on the phone were to hit the install button and slide VPN on. Did you get something else?

no when u toggle the VPN and the error comes up I hit ok and let the phone sit still no reboot

Okay, I was skipping steps in the end:

7. Type cinject -j payloads
8. Type cinject -w
9. On your device, load Settings.app and toggle ON the VPN
10. Your Device will reboot
11. That’s it. Enjoy

I redid all the steps and after the payloads part it is backing up (taking a while) but its progress. Make sure you type in those prompts on computer.

golfinglenn said:
Okay, I was skipping steps in the end:

7. Type cinject -j payloads
8. Type cinject -w
9. On your device, load Settings.app and toggle ON the VPN
10. Your Device will reboot
11. That’s it. Enjoy

I redid all the steps and after the payloads part it is backing up (taking a while) but its progress. Make sure you type in those prompts on computer.

I didn't skip any steps and did it twice still the same error and no reboot ugh

Hey guys,

Do I have to delete the Exchange account that forces a passcode on my phone before I do this or is that a moot point? (Thought I read a day or two ago, before the JB was released, that it should be passcode free but am not sure if that advice still stands).

Thanks!

yayy!!! finally
3rd times a charm

thanks for all the help ;]