What's new

How To JAILBREAK iPhone 4S & iPad 2 UNTETHERED iOS 5.0.1 Mac OS X + Windows

PhilSynowiec

iPhoneForums.net News Team
Reaction score

!!!RELEASED!!! FULL iPHONE 4S & iPAD 2 JAILBREAK TUTORIAL!

DOWNLOAD THE JAILBREAK HERE:
http://greenpois0n.com/?p=173

Greenpois0n ABSINTHE For MAC [MIRROR] 0.1.2-2.zip
http://t.co/17iXXVfJ

See update 3 :
Dev-Team Blog - Corona A5 jailbreak nearly ready to pop!
for CLI 0.4.3 (including Win version). Fully functional A5 JB for Win+OSX CLI tinkerers :)

The Jailbreak for iOS 5.0 & 5.0.1 for the iPhone 4S and iPad 2 is FINALLY OUT! The NEW Greenpois0n Absinthe Jailbreak was just released and is vey easy to use. The simple process requires you to connect your iPhone 4S or iPad 2 to your computer and just hit the "Jailbreak" button. After it goes through the entire process, you just have to open up the new "Absinthe" application which will appear on your iPhone 4S or iPad 2. Once it loads completely, your device will reboot and you should have Cydia Installed on your device! That's all there is to it!

Do take note that many people are attempting to Jailbreak currently so you might have to keep trying to access the website and/or application! JUST KEEP TRYING!

Windows Version COMING SOON!
Linux Version COMING SOON!​

Last edited by a moderator:
PhilSynowiec said:
YouTube Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BnVnrjVsVc

!!!RELEASED!!! FULL iPHONE 4S & iPAD 2 JAILBREAK TUTORIAL!

DOWNLOAD THE JAILBREAK HERE:
http://greenpois0n.com/?p=173

Greenpois0n ABSINTHE For MAC [MIRROR] 0.1.2-1.zip
absinthe-mac-0.1.2-1.zip

The Jailbreak for iOS 5.0 & 5.0.1 for the iPhone 4S and iPad 2 is FINALLY OUT! The NEW Greenpois0n Absinthe Jailbreak was just released and is vey easy to use. The simple process requires you to connect your iPhone 4S or iPad 2 to your computer and just hit the "Jailbreak" button. After it goes through the entire process, you just have to open up the new "Absinthe" application which will appear on your iPhone 4S or iPad 2. Once it loads completely, your device will reboot and you should have Cydia Installed on your device! That's all there is to it!

Do take note that many people are attempting to Jailbreak currently so you might have to keep trying to access the website and/or application! JUST KEEP TRYING!

Cydia servers will probably crash with all the hits it's going to get in the next while☺☺☺

Back in the Android days, when a new release came out if one of us got it we would host it for everyone else using dropbox or something. Can someone who was luck enough to download the windows version please share?

I have a dropbox to dump it in if I get it. I'll post a link to help out with the overloads.

yay
once I get in I'm gonna see if I can make this happen :)
anyone did this yet ?

yay
once I get in I'm gonna see if I can make this happen :)
anyone did this yet ?

yes lots of people have done it but the servers are so busy they are constantly crashing and cydia wont be much better so there really is no rush

also there is no windows version so I dont know why it says so in the title, I shall correct that now

The title of this thread leads me to believe it is, but we need to greenp0ison in order to get it. That is why there is a separate link for the Mac version.

I may be wrong though. Fingers crossed

oh no I didn't see that :(
ugh

sorry for the confusion the title did say windows but it wont be long for a windows version so hopefully the servers wont be so over loaded by then...

go into the mac store and use their macs lol.. im just kidding that would never work.. I am told VM works if you dont own a mac

Just a couple of tips from the devs:

When jailbreaking: Do not have a passcode set. Do not have your own VPN setup (Absinthe needs to setup its own).

if Absinthe crashes, reboot your DEVICE and try again.

Toggle VPN only AFTER Absinthe says it's done, or it will not work. VPN SHOULD error and then reboot soon. If it does not, rerun Absinthe!