What's new

WINDOWS Jailbreak For iPhone 4S & iPad 2 RELEASED! Greenpois0n Absinthe 5.0 & 5.0.1

iMarilina said:
Its supposed to reboot after you click on Absimthe and when it turns on it will have cydia.....try a hard reset (turning off the phone by holding down power and home buttons and then turning on)

Just did the hard reset... Still not getting past that absinthe. Also I tried the VPN toggle and it didn't even reset after I did that

I'm rather baffled... We bought our phones at the exact same time and have the same carrier. The only difference is that mine is black and hers is white, but the Absynth jb nor the CMD jb seem to want to work on her phone. After the failed Absyhth attempt I did a restore via iTunes and tried the cmd version. Still no luck!

More later. I need a break!!

OK, so for ease of use I tried Absynth jb again and still got the "Cannot Locate Package" issue. After reading the no package issue on screen message it said that it was missing several packages like Mobile Substrate and Pincrush. After I installed those, I also went to cydia>changes>refresh and it sat there grinding away for maybe 5 minutes before finally getting done. That seemed to update (refresh) all the sources to what they should be.

It seems to be working fine now but for whatever reason, the package lists, sources and several other things are slightly different than they are on my phone.

My version is 5.0.1 (9A405); is this the jailbreak that I've been waiting for, if so, thanks!

Have it done its pretty sweet :)

Did mine at 2 last night after work; worked life a charm!!!

Last edited:
Well, I guess the short answer is - you don't. At least not right away. If you are jailbroken - when the next iOS comes out (5.1 I believe), do NOT upgrade. Just wait until the devs jailbreak 5.1, then you can upgrade. I am sure when that time comes, there will be plenty of instructions on the different ways to upgrade.

I for one have no intention of EVER deliberately going back to a non jailbroken device (barring having to talk to someone at an apple store) - so when they release 5.1, it will mean nothing to me until they can jailbreak it :)

Take care,
Rob

Same here...I haven't heard anything that 5.1 has that would be a big reason for me to update.

There is only one Return, and it is not Of The King, it is Of The Jedi

Supahrob said:
Well, I guess the short answer is - you don't. At least not right away. If you are jailbroken - when the next iOS comes out (5.1 I believe), do NOT upgrade. Just wait until the devs jailbreak 5.1, then you can upgrade. I am sure when that time comes, there will be plenty of instructions on the different ways to upgrade.

I for one have no intention of EVER deliberately going back to a non jailbroken device (barring having to talk to someone at an apple store) - so when they release 5.1, it will mean nothing to me until they can jailbreak it :)

Take care,
Rob

Do you know of any Bluetooth file share tweaks that will work with iOS 5.0.1 jailbreak. You know the one that will allow you to send media files, pics, etc via Bluetooth.

Any one having issues with the jb? I did mine on windows 7, installed SBsettings and winterboard, every time i make a call my phone cuts out and goes into safe mode. Restoring to stock as we speak