What's new

4.3.1 untethered news(update) no its not ready yet before you get your hopes up ;p.

Guys, i arrived to activate the multitasking gestures feature on the iOS i just jailbreak. Wow it's awesome, but it wasn't easy to do it though. If interested i can put the procedures to make it here. My home button will not suffer anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here we go. Notice: this is for windows, you will need
1# WinSCP to SSH into your device, 2# plist Editor for windows
1- jealbreak your iOS 4.3.1
2- in cydia download and install openSSH into your phone, restart your phone afterward.
3- download and install on your windows computer, WinSCP
4- # your phone and your computer have to be on the same wifi # Now open WinSCP and in
>>(section - host name) = input your iphone wifi ip address.
>>(port number) = 22
>>(user name) = root
>>(password) = alpine
Clik Login button.
5- a new window will open, navigate to system> library> CoreService> SpringBoard.app> N90AP.plist
6- copy N90AP.plist to your desktop then open plist Editor for windows, from the plist editor, open the N90AP.plist that you just copy to your desktop.
7- Scroll down to find the string multitasking, right under it create a new string multitasking-gestures and add the value true
8- save the changes, now drag and drop the N90AP.plist on your desktop to the SpringBoard.app folder. A pop up dialogue will ask to confirm overwriting the original with the one you are droping into that folder, click yes overwrite.
9- after that, disconect your device from your computer and restart your device, wait until the device load and screen goes to standby mode, then you can start using gestures multitasking on your device.
10- you can 4 fingers swipe up to revel multitask bar, 4 fingers swipe left or right to navigate between open apps, 5 fingers swip inzooming to close an opened app and get to the home screen.
Good luck.

Last edited:
Here we go. Notice: this is for windows, you will need
1# WinSCP to SSH into your device, 2# plist Editor for windows
1- jealbreak your iOS 4.3.1
2- in cydia download and install openSSH into your phone, restart your phone afterward.
3- download and install on your windows computer, WinSCP
4- # your phone and your computer have to be on the same wifi # Now open WinSCP and in
>>(section - host name) = input your iphone wifi ip address.
>>(port number) = 22
>>(user name) = root
>>(password) = alpine
Clik Login button.
5- a new window will open, navigate to system> library> CoreService> SpringBoard.app> N90AP.plist
6- copy N90AP.plist to your desktop then open plist Editor for windows, from the plist editor, open the N90AP.plist that you just copy to your desktop.
7- Scroll down to find the string multitasking, right under it create a new string multitasking-gestures and add the value true
8- save the changes, now drag and drop the N90AP.plist on your desktop to the SpringBoard.app folder. A pop up dialogue will ask to confirm overwriting the original with the one you are droping into that folder, click yes overwrite.
9- after that, disconect your device from your computer and restart your device, wait until the device load and screen goes to standby mode, then you can start using gestures multitasking on your device.
10- you can 4 fingers swipe up to revel multitask bar, 4 fingers swipe left or right to navigate between open apps, 5 fingers swip inzooming to close an opened app and get to the home screen.
Good luck.

nicely done :) worked very well.

You did it already? Man... you are fast :)

lol that took me ages as i am downloading apps from cydia

If i'm allowed to ask, please list here the apps you are downloading from cydia. As from me i just download openssh, fake operator, and winterboard.

lol that took me ages as i am downloading apps from cydia

If i'm allowed to ask, please list here the apps you are downloading from cydia. As from me i just download openssh, fake operator, and winterboard.

i am also looking in the news section phil posts some good suggestions.. some of the apps i tried to download wont work or download..

3g un restrictor
winterboard
fakecarrier
sbsettings
openSSH
terminal - i use this to change the default openSSH password only then del.
aptbackup
cydelete
quickreply for sms
no schreen shot flash
InfiniFolders
barrel

and i am looking for more to download, and also not all of them are free but they seem pretty good so far..

I have been un able to get terminal working also.

how about you? what did you install?

OpenSSH, winterboard, fake operator and that's it.
How do u get barrel run on your phone? Just download and install from cydia amd that's it? Or do i need to install sumerboard or something like that before it can run?

OpenSSH, winterboard, fake operator and that's it.
How do u get barrel run on your phone? Just download and install from cydia amd that's it? Or do i need to install sumerboard or something like that before it can run?

you just download it and thats it, the iphone does the rest.

You just buy barrel application or you were having it on your previous iOS, i'm trying to buy it via paypal but i keep on getting #10001 error.

has any one tried Celest Bluetooth app on 4.3.1 if it works? i might buy it but it might not even work for the firmware

I havnt done the jailbreak yet but wanted to know which apps work or not, is it possible to list here or maybe someone can open up a thread for this? Cause if most apps aren't supported yet I might wait...

I havnt done the jailbreak yet but wanted to know which apps work or not, is it possible to list here or maybe someone can open up a thread for this? Cause if most apps aren't supported yet I might wait...

I haven't found any that don't work yet and I've got about 15 or so installed.