What's new

IOS5 Jailbreak Strategy Guide

Huh? Now that got me. I am presently on 4.3.1 and suppose I update to 5.0.1, jailbreak tethered, install the semi-tether. And then sometime later in the future an untethered jailbreak is released, I'm up the creek? Is that right? Are you saying I wouldn't have the option to re-jailbreak with that new untethered release?

Exactly. The codesign exploit that pod2g is using in his untethered jailbreak was patched in 5.0.1 so if you update you lose your chance to use the untethered jailbreak when it is released. Since you're on 4.3.1 still you're already out of luck, you will either have to stay untethered on 4.3.1 or update to 5.0.1 and live with the tethered jailbreak.

Jmills87 said:
Exactly. The codesign exploit that pod2g is using in his untethered jailbreak was patched in 5.0.1 so if you update you lose your chance to use the untethered jailbreak when it is released. Since you're on 4.3.1 still you're already out of luck, you will either have to stay untethered on 4.3.1 or update to 5.0.1 and live with the tethered jailbreak.

Ok. That makes sense to me. There is always the possibility that there are other not yet discovered exploits. Also I was of the impression that there were other exploits being worked on by others besides pod2g. Perhaps I'm mistaken.

If i wld be on 4.3.5 i might as well be on the latest iOS as they are both tethered but since im on 4.3.3 untethered i can wait for hopefully the next jailbreakable version of iOS 5+... or iOS 6 if they will support the 3GS :)