What's new

5.0.1 available publicly now, DO NOT UPDATE!

Jmills87

Reaction score
Apple released iOS 5.0.1 today and as expected, they have patched Charlie Miller's codesign exploit which is the exploit pod2g is using on his untethered jailbreak. If you want to have a chance to have an untethered iOS5 jailbreak and you haven't yet updated to 5.0 you should do it right now before Apple stops signing it. Remember, that once Apple stops signing 5.0 there will NEVER be a way to get to that firmware again(since there's no way to save SHSH for iOS5).

May be a dumb question but as a first time iPhone user I gotta ask. I have. 4s on 5.0, how much better was battery on 5.0.1 is it so much that its worth losing JB? Also is there a concern that 5.0.1 wont be jailbroken or is it that it will take alot longer than the 5.0 will take to release for my device? Just trying to get the duckies in a row.

Sent from my iPhone on Sprints "Slower than dial up" Network

Some people didn't have any battery drainage on 5.0 whatsoever. It is unlikely that a 5.0.1 jailbreak will be released if pod2g releases his 5.0 jailbreak soon, it would be stupid to burn 2 exploits for the first 2 iOS5 revisions.

Some people didn't have any battery drainage on 5.0 whatsoever. It is unlikely that a 5.0.1 jailbreak will be released if pod2g releases his 5.0 jailbreak soon, it would be stupid to burn 2 exploits for the first 2 iOS5 revisions.

Well being a 4s...isnt it irrelevant because he cannot jailbreak it anyway? Or do you mean when the 5.0 unteathered is available, it will be for 5.0 most likely and not the 5.0.1 etc.

I am asking becuase I have both a 4 and a 4s... the 4 is jailbroken teathered and the 4s obvioulsy nothing but stock 5.0

No, its not irrelevant, pod2g's jailbreak will work on ANY device running the iOS5 firmware, the exploit exists in the firmware itself, so it WILL work on iPhone4S as long as you don't update to 5.0.1

Cant i download the 5.0 restore firmware, update to 5.0.1 and restore 5.0 when a jailbreak for it comes out?

Ok gotcha. Ok i did the update but 5.0 i still signed so if I want to get back on it I should restore it now right? Sorry, used to android and winmo so I got a ton of catching up to do.

Btw, i updated for better battery but its actually worse on 5.0.1 for me

No, its not irrelevant, pod2g's jailbreak will work on ANY device running the iOS5 firmware, the exploit exists in the firmware itself, so it WILL work on iPhone4S as long as you don't update to 5.0.1

Wait a sec..I can jailbreak my 4s?

Thought that would not work because of the chip set.

No... but if you want to be able to jailbreak your 4S when the jailbreak is released, don't update to iOS 5.0.1.

LOL, I mean that in my original post...just didn't word it correctly. DANG my heart stopped for a second. Thought I missed a beat on the 4s jailbreak. LOL

Thanks

Well I'm toast I can't update to 5.0 from 4.3.3 because I have iPad baseband on my 3GS .
I would need a custom firmware to use my phone thank you apple !

You could have created a custom iOS5 firmware using redsn0w or sn0wbreeze, I think it's too late now tho, I have heard from several people that Apple has stopped signing 5.0

Nice did not know I could do that still a noob on jailbreaking so I can make my own custom package ?
Wow if I would have known I would have updated