What's new

iPhone 4 CDMA upgrade/restore to 5.0.1

r3zon8

Reaction score
I read through this excellent guide to help restore my iPhone4 cdma:
http://www.iphoneforums.net/forum/i...hod-downgrading-ios-5-1-x-x-a4-devices-35801/

step2 of his guide states that if i dont have shsh blobs and TU cannot find them I'll need to find them elsewhere. Does that mean I can get my 5.0.1 blobs from somewhere else even now that Apple has stopped signing 5.0.1?

Everything I've read tells me once the firmware window is closed i can NEVER get signed blobs again, but i thought id ask just for clarification.

THanks!

step2 of his guide states that if i dont have shsh blobs and TU cannot find them I'll need to find them elsewhere. Does that mean I can get my 5.0.1 blobs from somewhere else even now that Apple has stopped signing 5.0.1?

If you didn't save them while Apple was signing 5.0.1 and you aren't currently on 5.0.1 there's nothing you can do. Each SHSH is unique to each individual device on each individual firmware. You must save the SHSH while Apple is still signing that firmware. If you were still on 5.0.1 you would be able to dump your SHSH with iFaith, but once you've updated and Apple stops signing the firmware, there's nothing you can do to retrieve your SHSH.

Yeha mate......He's right. if you were on 5.0.1 now, then iFaith could extract your SHSH blobs, but your pretty much out of luck.

Perhaps try redsn0w.........Even tho it goes from Saurik's servers just like TU does. Worth a shot. (seriosly..don't get your hopes up:()