What's new

5.0.1 available publicly now, DO NOT UPDATE!

NewdestinyX said:
Obviously you mean on a 3GS or a 4 - and not a 4S - right?
I would assume yes. since there is no jailbreak available for the 4S.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm on the GM ios5. What steps do I take to ensure I can always restore?

There are no steps you can take, if you ever need to restore you will have to update to the most current firmware. 5.0 is no longer being signed and there's no way to save SHSH for iOS5 like you could in the past to restore when they stopped signing the firmware.

You could have created a custom iOS5 firmware using redsn0w or sn0wbreeze, I think it's too late now tho, I have heard from several people that Apple has stopped signing 5.0
Hmmmmm so if I did this I should be good to restore using my snowbreeze restore.

What did you use to jailbreak?

Cooked the 5.0.1 firmware with sn0wbreeze and then reset the phone in iTunes using the freshly cooked firmware and then reboot tethered with redsn0w, but you DO need to specify the 5.0.0 firmware in redsn0w otherwise it tells you that it cannot do it. It will then boot tethered on 5.0.1

Barrie

Does the semi tethered work with this also. I'm fine with tethered as long as I can limp it home to tether boot.

Does the semi tethered work with this also. I'm fine with tethered as long as I can limp it home to tether boot.

I did not reinstall semi tethered this time as I was finding it was messing up my phone. This may have been a coincidence, but since I removed it I have not had any more problems. All you need is battery management, as in keep an eye on the consumption :)

Barrie

Barrie said:
I did not reinstall semi tethered this time as I was finding it was messing up my phone. This may have been a coincidence, but since I removed it I have not had any more problems. All you need is battery management, as in keep an eye on the consumption :)

Barrie

There's multiple jailbreakers reporting this problem with semi tether. So your not the only one. :D

Wait... What?

I'm on a tethered 4.2.10, and waiting for the first untethered 5.0.

Are you saying that since I'm on 4.2.10, and haven't updated to 5.0, that when the untethered 5.0 comes out I won't be able to do it?