What's new

iPhone 5 Shipment

Dreamo84 said:
Well i'm shocked but if thats really the case then I can understand your anger. I never hear good things about AT&T so it shouldn't surpriseme. And Sprint just seems like they don't know what the hell they are doing. I've always been satisfied with Verizon despite people who complain about them, i've never experienced anything but quick and effective service. They even worked with me when I was out of work and couldn't pay my bill. I think I was 3 months past due and they finally shut off my service but when I called they were able to turn it back on and arrange for me to make smaller payments. I was shocked.

Yes!!! The guy from Sprint was on TV today, he is VERY clueless. They (Sprint) are looking for tomorrow's launch to boost their revenue. Being in business myself, loyalty and superb people skills are a MUST! Which is part of the reason I've stayed with them for so long. But I've also been warned about jumping out of the pan, and landing in the fire. I've heard some horror stories about the competitors too, so in essence you have 6 in one hand and half a dozen in the other. It's all the same

Yes!!! The guy from Sprint was on TV today, he is VERY clueless. They (Sprint) are looking for tomorrow's launch to boost their revenue. Being in business myself, loyalty and superb people skills are a MUST! Which is part of the reason I've stayed with them for so long. But I've also been warned about jumping out of the pan, and landing in the fire. I've heard some horror stories about the competitors too, so in essence you have 6 in one hand and half a dozen in the other. It's all the same

That's true, but Verizon has better coverage and LTE in my area :) which I will finally get to use!! yay!

I do this EVERYTIME a iPhone comes out, and within moments of hanging up the phone I get an email confirmation with the details of the order. I should have "known" something was incorrect when he asked for my email address because it has NEVER changed. He also went into details about how busy they were especially with the system constantly crashing. Another red flag should have been when I asked for the order number and he replied it will be emailed to you. However I always get names of the people that I'm speaking with and when I did NOT receive ANYTHING and decided to call back to the same dept., the rep said she knew "Jim" he works right across from her. I thought that was interesting too. She was going to tell him that he entered my email address incorrectly. Anyway, after additional calls and asking to be escalated it was discovered that ol' Jim Bo, had DONE NOTHING!! There was NO changes made to the account at all. Thank goodness I was persistent otherwise I wouldn't have a delivery date of tomorrow. I was later informed that they have a lot of newbies working. Whatever the case may be, had this been my first order I never would have had anything to compare it with so I would've had no need to place several follow up calls. But I will say this, even though they are horrible, they are still not as bad as the local Sprint. I went in with a friend and the ENTIRE time the rep was helping her, she was on a personal call (Bluetooth) discussing the upcoming party that night!! It took EVERYTHING in me to "hold my peace" after all, I was just there with someone and not the customer. It goes without saying "that dog wouldn't hunt with me" she would have gotten OFF the call and given me (the customer, the reason for her paycheck) her undivided attention.

I would have taken the phone from her, hung up, handed it back to her and said, "you have customers waiting." I really would have.

hookbill said:
I would have taken the phone from her, hung up, handed it back to her and said, "you have customers waiting." I really would have.

In spite of what some may think, I'm really not any angry devil. I just believe when someone has chosen to spend their money with you, you are obligated to show respect and do the best you can. Not just the bare minimum to get you by.
In this particular situation I tried to "stay in my lane" and mind MY business. If this were MY business, things would have been MUCH different. Trust me :)

blessed, without going though the whole thread I can't quite put your story together. Did you preorder at a store, or on a phone? And who are you with?

hookbill said:
blessed, without going though the whole thread I can't quite put your story together. Did you preorder at a store, or on a phone? And who are you with?

Phone, with AT&T.

Can someone tell me if I track with UPS using all but the last 2 digits of my order number and do not put in a zip will the shipping info it gives me still me for my order? I have been tracking my 2 phones all day with no luck on UPS and I get nothing when I put in my home or work zip codes but when I leave the zip code blank low and behold I get a shipping indication of 2 packages to my home city. It does not list final destination address of package though. Whe I placed the original order it did want to send to my house but I changed the ship too address aftwards to my work in a different city. Just a bit strange

I preordered my iPhone 5 at 3:15am (eastern time) on the 14th and still have not received my confirmation email from Verizon. I ordered it within the first 20 minutes of it coming out so I know i got one. When I check my order status on the Verizon website it says "Your order has been sent for processing" and it says my expected ship date is 9-20-12. Will I be receiving my iPhone tomorrow or has it not even been shipped yet since I haven't received the email?

In spite of what some may think, I'm really not any angry devil. I just believe when someone has chosen to spend their money with you, you are obligated to show respect and do the best you can. Not just the bare minimum to get you by.
In this particular situation I tried to "stay in my lane" and mind MY business. If this were MY business, things would have been MUCH different. Trust me :)
It was just "big company-syndrome" you were dealing with there. There are only a few good cell providers out there and they knew it. Losing you is a small blip on their screen. When you're a "small biz owner" it's a WHOLE different thing. More to lose if CS isn't perfect! It's a matter of "degree".

cherryhesh said:
It was just "big company-syndrome" you were dealing with there. There are only a few good cell providers out there and they knew it. Losing you is a small blip on their screen. When you're a "small biz owner" it's a WHOLE different thing. More to lose if CS isn't perfect! It's a matter of "degree".

You're probably right. However, one would think that even though I am a "small business owner" I have given them my business for SEVERAL years, and we have 8 lines with them. Granted I'm not (yet lol) a Fortune 500 company so you're right, losing my business wouldn't matter so much to them.

It's just a phone not a 2013 bmw x5m that i bought in june calm down people calm down .............

I preordered my iPhone 5 at 3:15am (eastern time) on the 14th and still have not received my confirmation email from Verizon. I ordered it within the first 20 minutes of it coming out so I know i got one. When I check my order status on the Verizon website it says "Your order has been sent for processing" and it says my expected ship date is 9-20-12. Will I be receiving my iPhone tomorrow or has it not even been shipped yet since I haven't received the email?

Verizon ships via FedEX. That's probably part of your issue. ;)

You shoulld be able to go on line and get your order status. If you can't do that, call Verizon and ask for your tracking number.

You should receive it tomorrow. Maybe they have your email wrong.

Well, my phone left Memphis at 4:20. By the time I get up tomorrow it will be on truck, out for delivery.