What's new

iPhone 5 Shipment

No offense, though likely you'll take offense to this, but I never had to reboot my Android when I owned one. For me though, I wasn't into making my Android better by learning code and editing xml files and hacking, it's just beyond my scope of intellect. I just wanted something that worked out of the box. That's what the iPhone does. I want to look cool with my peers and colleagues, not learn how to use all the 'open source' junk. Apple's products are geared toward people who want a stature, not a learning experience. I know this, same as you do. I don't particularly care for cats though, I'm more a dog person. (This will make sense to you one day)...

Sent from my rooted Mayan Calendar

Ya, I have a PC to do all the crazy open source stuff with. You know, cause to me I want a phone that just works and still does everything I want. I've considered Android before but ultimately I feel like the toys of customization and coding grow old and you end up just wanting something that works great for daily activities and is reliable. I personally have nothing against Android if thats what people choose, but unfortunately quite too often Android users feel the need to talk down to iOS users. Like we are all idiots for not wanting a phone with finger scanners and clocks and weather widgets, and gameboy emulators.

Live and let live. My first iPhone was the iPhone 4 on Verizon and its the first phone I have never had any complaints about, and I am sure the iPhone 5 will be number two.

Well just so you know, a Fandroid is someone who has to reboot their phone constantly and feel superior because their phone is more like a crappy computer than a really good phone.

Yeah those Androids are horrible phones! Have you ever owned one?

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

Tell me about it, lags like there's no tomorrow!
I see that you own a GT-N7000. Must be torture eh?

Sent from my MB508 using Tapatalk 2

Tell me about it, lags like there's no tomorrow!
I see that you own a GT-N7000. Must be torture eh?

Sent from my MB508 using Tapatalk 2

Well, this is the better of the ones I've owned....It runs well, but Android is great, but it's not for everyone. I can't wait for my Iphone 5 :)

Sorry I was just responding to the obvious iPhone attack. I actually have a lot of respect for android phones especially since its the best competition iOS has and competition is always good. Like I said earlier I almost went android but after my blackberry experience I realized I just wanted something that works. And I've honestly never run into a situation where I was like damn I wish my iPhone could do this!

Dreamo84 said:
Sorry I was just responding to the obvious iPhone attack. I actually have a lot of respect for android phones especially since its the best competition iOS has and competition is always good. Like I said earlier I almost went android but after my blackberry experience I realized I just wanted something that works. And I've honestly never run into a situation where I was like damn I wish my iPhone could do this!

Well, coming from a blackberry and you never wished that your iPhone had a complete email client, or the ability to set out of office or exchange calendar integration or the ability to set sound profiles or different actions with email rules or hold a charge with use for more than 3 days or any number of other things the blackberry did 6 years ago that the iPhone and android phones still don't do?

The only reason I switched to iPhone was the browser experience and some couple of apps

Yes I've pre ordered the iPhone 5 but I'm Under no illusion that no phone today is Any better than any other. It may only be better for what you personally use it for.

Well, coming from a blackberry and you never wished that your iPhone had a complete email client, or the ability to set out of office or exchange calendar integration or the ability to set sound profiles or different actions with email rules or hold a charge with use for more than 3 days or any number of other things the blackberry did 6 years ago that the iPhone and android phones still don't do?

The only reason I switched to iPhone was the browser experience and some couple of apps

Yes I've pre ordered the iPhone 5 but I'm Under no illusion that no phone today is Any better than any other. It may only be better for what you personally use it for.
What's not complete about the email? I don't use an exchange calendar... If I'm out of the office there's no need for anyone to know who isn't there themselves unless I'm on vacation in which my internal work email will be set to out. The people who need blackberries at work get them from work.

You're right it depends on your needs and iPhone thus far fulfills all my needs and then some.

I preordered mines around 1pm eastern time. I got a expected ship date of sept. 26. My order status online thru Verizon is saying they got my order and its processing. How long before they will bill my credit card and ship my iPhone?

Last edited:
I'm so glad I pre ordered ... Otherwise this would have been me at my local apple store at the Trafford centre !!!! This was 730am !

Attachments

• $image-76534014.jpg
    $image-76534014.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 411
Some odd reason my phone is in Philly, I order materials weekly and never had anything go through Philly fedex center,since there's one in bellmar nj.???? Also at this time it would already say "out for delivery" phone says its still in distribution center.

Some odd reason my phone is in Philly, I order materials weekly and never had anything go through Philly fedex center,since there's one in bellmar nj.???? Also at this time it would already say "out for delivery" phone says its still in distribution center.

Ya mines not on the delivery truck either yet! :( lol

Mine isn't either. It in the local distribution area. Remember, clean cache for most updated listings.

Yah mine hasn't been listed out for delivery yet ether but its in town so I put trust in FedEx

I'm willing to bet they are already out for delivery, but it just hasn't updated yet.