What's new

iPhone 5 Shipment

hookbill said:
Naw, you can't do the happy dance until you see the tracking number. And even then save the dance for when you get that puppy in your hands.

Please let me relish in the moment :)

It says SHIPPED!!!! SHIPPED!!!!! I am HAPPY DANCING....no tracking number (yet) but its SHIPPED! There's hope for me yet :)

And all you had to do was probably make some poor customer service rep cry. I swear some people have no idea what its like to have people swearing at you about something you yourself have zero control over. It is quite honestly one of the worst feelings in the world, and it never gets easier.

i JUST GOT MY TRACKING NUMBER FROM ATT,CHECKED IT AND SAID, ON TRACK FOR DELIVERY FOR 21ST! WOO HOO! WHEN I ORDERED MINE ON THE MORNING OF THE 14TH, 10:00 AM EASTERN TIME i THEN GOT A MESSAGE THAT IT WOULD BE 14 TO 20 DAYS TILL IT GETS SHIPPED;( I GUESS THEY MESSED UP! cANT WAIT!

Mine is stuck in New Jersey says on time but seems to have sat there for over a day. I dunno maybe FedEx does it a little different than UPS? Seems like an awfully far away place to deliver from its 6 hours away lol

Mine says -
[h=4]Dispatched: 2 weeks Delivers 01 Oct, 2012[/h]Surely if it has dispatched it won't take two weeks to get to me? I'm in the UK not some deep dark reaches of the Amazon rainforest.

fedex has been holding mine in tennessee for 3 days now... oh well... ill wait.

Dreamo84 said:
And all you had to do was probably make some poor customer service rep cry. I swear some people have no idea what its like to have people swearing at you about something you yourself have zero control over. It is quite honestly one of the worst feelings in the world, and it never gets easier.

Although it may mean "diddly" to the person I'm sounding off to, but I let them know I am in no way "fussing" at them because they are obviously coming in at the tail end of this fiasco. Then I begin with my firm and detailed speech of the incompetent service I received. I must say, that unfortunately this is not something limited to just AT&T, on an overall scale the level of good customer service has declined greatly among most businesses. However, I am one to express my dissatisfaction to that person, their supervisor and also corporate. To me, if you don't want to do the job then QUIT! But don't serve customers sloppy service. Step aside and allow someone else to do the job correctly. I completely understand your point of being on the receiving end of something you had nothing to do with. But someone once said; "it rains on the just and unjust." I refuse to pay my money and kiss someone's butt in the process.

Mine says -
Dispatched: 2 weeks Delivers 01 Oct, 2012

Surely if it has dispatched it won't take two weeks to get to me? I'm in the UK not some deep dark reaches of the Amazon rainforest.
that status means they are processing your order,that will change to Available to ship and then stay like that until a few days before your delivery date, then it goes to Preparing for shipment,after that things change fairly quickly to Shipped status.

blessed said:
Although it may mean "diddly" to the person I'm sounding off to, but I let them know I am in no way "fussing" at them because they are obviously coming in at the tail end of this fiasco. Then I begin with my firm and detailed speech of the incompetent service I received. I must say, that unfortunately this is not something limited to just AT&T, on an overall scale the level of good customer service has declined greatly among most businesses. However, I am one to express my dissatisfaction to that person, their supervisor and also corporate. To me, if you don't want to do the job then QUIT! But don't serve customers sloppy service. Step aside and allow someone else to do the job correctly. I completely understand your point of being on the receiving end of something you had nothing to do with. But someone once said; "it rains on the just and unjust." I refuse to pay my money and kiss someone's butt in the process.

............just so that you will know I'm not the "devil" wearing Prada :)
I deal with the public each and everyday. And YES, I have had some not so pleasant things said to me. But I can assure you, that once I'm done with them, they are HAPPY, very apologetic and their problem resolved. I NEVER (do what AT&T did repeatedly) sling slop, or lies to people. Someone has to FIX the problem, not just continue to shovel it further away.
In case you can't tell, I am VERY passionate about this ongoing problem among customer service reps today.
But on a much BRIGHTER note, I'm waiting on pins and needles for my new phone. STILL no tracking number, but (here we go again) AT&T insist its been shipped. Only time will tell

that status means they are processing your order,that will change to Available to ship and then stay like that until a few days before your delivery date, then it goes to Preparing for shipment,after that things change fairly quickly to Shipped status.

Aha! many thanks for the help.

Mine is stuck in New Jersey says on time but seems to have sat there for over a day. I dunno maybe FedEx does it a little different than UPS? Seems like an awfully far away place to deliver from its 6 hours away lol

Don't worry about where it is. A lot of times information won't change until it's hours away. What you want to see on there tomorrow about 8:00 am is "Out on truck for delivery." And I'm sure it will be. Mines been in Memphis TN for 3 days now. It just got the shipping transmission orders early this morning. I'll bet the next thing I'll see is it left Memphis Facility then It will go to Cleveland then to the distribution center about 20 miles by my house and I won't see that until either late tonight or early tomorrow. Then I will see "On truck out for delivery.

So put off everything tomorrow.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't worry about where it is. A lot of times information won't change until it's hours away. What you want to see on there tomorrow about 8:00 am is "Out on truck for delivery." And I'm sure it will be. Mines been in Memphis TN for 3 days now. It just got the shipping transmission orders early this morning. I'll bet the next thing I'll see is it left Memphis Facility then It will go to Cleveland then to the distribution center about 20 miles by my house and I won't see that until either late tonight or early tomorrow. Then I will see "On truck out for delivery.

So put off everything tomorrow.

I like the way you think! Anyways now it says shipping info sent to FedEx and arrived in Newark NJ.

Last edited by a moderator:

I'm sorry again when it comes to something that is likely an automated process. You were in the wrong. Unless you really think someone was standing there looking at the orders come in "oh this is Jim's order! He was first lets box his up!" Lol