What's new

Why go for the Iphone 4S and not wait for the Iphone5 ?

atmasters

Reaction score
I was just wondering why go for the Iphone4s and not wait for the Iphone5? I know there is not much about a release date on the 5 but sounds like a risk on getting into a phone that had no real big updates to find out the new iphone5 is coming out soon. Just wondering. I was a little disapointed in this new phone since it just brought the phone up to par with other Android devices like the GalaxyS2. Not saying I am a fan of Android all the time but I was SOOOO hoping for a hudge leap in technolagy. Owe well just got to keep waiting lol...

The big picture is... we're not gonna see huge leaps in technology from iPhone generations. They'll upgrade the processor, camera, more memory, add something cool like Siri & throw it at us.

No huge leap coming. My guess is the 5 will be thinner, 4" screen, 4G, dual core 1ghz or 1.2ghz, same or better GPU as in the 4S, Same or slightly better camera as in the 4S, maybe 10mp. IOS may have a few more bells and whistles, but it's shape will likely be the biggest difference from the 4S. Quad core is too early for a phone coming out next year.

My guess is it won't be out any sooner than late summer of 2012.

I'm a developer and I still do not own a 4s. I am waiting for the 5. My thought is that they need to work out all of the kinks first before I jump on board. As iPhone 4 users, we still have mostly everything that the 4s has with the exception of Siri, who is intriguing, but maybe not worth the money.

Well when you have IOS 5 running on the 3, 4 and 4s, you will have the same basic options across the board. What you don't have is the 4S's speed. It is noticeably faster on almost all most functions. When the 5 comes out and if they have IOS 6 launch with it, if they allow the 4 and 4S to also use IOS 6, youw will again, have the same basic use, just slower.

If you have an iphone4 then wait for 5 ... if you have older iphone then get 4s ... if you like iphone then get 4s and wait for 5. If you think that even 4s is missing basic functionality, pray.

Apple will not put out products that have the same useful functions as other phones since it has to stand out !

What makes you believe iphone 5 is worth the wait ? ... or that there is an iphone5 ? ... and not a 4ss ?

I did get the 4s and it comparing to other iphone 4 it is faster. Siri is nice but I do not use it. So your question will get all the answers and you need to figure out how much money you have, what do you need, when do you need the phone.

Good luck.

See for me I will wait to get the best and right now the Iphone 4S is no better then some other phones on the market. I will wait and see what the next best thing is. I just cant see why the big rush to get the 4S. I sure hope apple comes up with something that will be better then the Galaxy S2.

You could have this conversation every year.
Cos there's always gonna be a new version of your phone to annoy you.
I think you can only go with what is in front of you , and worry about your next when the time comes.
You could go mental otherwise.
Me?
As my 4 does everything and more I could ever want. When my upgrade comes round in a month , I'm happy go with the S.

Sent from iPhone

Yes, phones are just like girlfriends, there is always a better, tighter, nicer looking model just around the corner.

Yeah, that's true that there is no major upgrade feature on the 4S, but i went for it mainly because of the camera feature and previously i was having the 16gb which i found not sufficient when making videos, so i decided to get the new 4S but with a bigger disc space. The 4S is faster enough and great looking. Plus I now have Siri who help me to set up my appointments and also help me to send sms and voila tout.

I read in the Telegraph and the Daily Mail that there are indications the iphone 5 may be released in March 2012. Having just bought 4s which has only just been released I will, and I suspect others, will loose much goodwill and think again about android etc. Does anyone have any further info?

I read in the Telegraph and the Daily Mail that there are indications the iphone 5 may be released in March 2012. Having just bought 4s which has only just been released I will, and I suspect others, will loose much goodwill and think again about android etc. Does anyone have any further info?
Further info... no. Although, I do find it hard to believe that Apple will release the next generation iPhone in such close proximity to the release of the 4S. Since 2007 they've released an iPhone every year... around mid to late summer. The 4S was released mid late fall this year. I don't see them releasing the next generation iPhone any earlier than July, possibly August.

My old i4 paid for the 4s and when the i5 comes out my old one will pay for the new one. Im always up for an upgrade when new one comes out. I hope I'm up for it again when i5 rolls around.

My old i4 paid for the 4s and when the i5 comes out my old one will pay for the new one. Im always up for an upgrade when new one comes out. I hope I'm up for it again when i5 rolls around.
Must be nice... to be eligible for an upgrade every year. :-(

Im left wondering what a big upgrade is, the 4s has a faster processor, better camera and siri to name a few upgrades over the IP4. Would a major upgrade have been a change of shape, larger screen but the same innards as the iPhone 4?