What's new

why are people so annoyed?

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
i don't know why some people are annoyed that there isn't an iphone5 after all Apple never said there was going to be a redesigned iphone5,it was just hype and rumour,those who have iphone4 will have ios5 after the 12th which will give their phone a new lease of life so everyone gets something new,its a win win to me,or is it just me that thinks that?

As you indicated, the media hype overpowered reality, although the reality of the 4S is quite impressive. The 4S will do great in the marketplace due to its quality and word-of-mouth influence.

As you indicated, the media hype overpowered reality, although the reality of the 4S is quite impressive. The 4S will do great in the marketplace due to its quality and word-of-mouth influence.
yes definitely,it will be my first iPhone and I'm hugely looking forward to getting it.

the paper this morning said it was a big let down. maybe the rest of the world is looking at it this way, but for me, im excited about iOS 5 !

the paper this morning said it was a big let down. maybe the rest of the world is looking at it this way, but for me, im excited about iOS 5 !
yes I'm looking forward to getting ios5 on my ipad2,what with that and getting my first iPhone(4s of course)its like christmas has come early.

For some weird reason people believe Apple is able to create things that don't yet exist.

They believe a thinner design is possible. Yet it isn't even remotely possible because the CONSUMER demands a higher megapixel camera. Of course they will then say "BUT you can taper it!". NO, they can't. The BATTERY life you demand is not possible since the battery has to be of a specific size to get the current time ratings.

They believe a bigger screen is possible. Again this isn't possible because Apple has a made a choice. They choose to standardize the iPhone on a 480x320 screen. Their only solution to keep this programming standard was to double the screen size and let the software scale based on the hardware in use. Hence they now have a 960x640 screen. When they did that 3.5" WERE the largest screens out there. This allowed them to coin a term called RETINA Display. By Apple's definition, they have said any screen 300 PPI (Pixel Per Inch) or denser, the iPhone 4 is 326 PPI, is a Retina Display. This standard was lauded by the tech community as blessing for clarity and color reproduction. So for Apple, to maintain their own standard for the screen, can only be enlarged under its current design to 3.8". There would be NO COST BENEFIT for them to do that.

BTW, Android decided not to stick with one resolution for their phones. They now have 7 screen sizes. And their users and developers are no complaining that this lack of a single resolution is now hurting application development and a consistent user interface.

Do you want to know the real reason people are complaining? Ignorance. The average consumer doesn't have a CLUE what they are talking about, much less what is even physically possible.

Adding an "s" to their phones is par for the course so anyone who is pissy over no iPhone5 is ignoring Apple's form in this area.

For some weird reason people believe Apple is able to create things that don't yet exist.

They believe a thinner design is possible. Yet it isn't even remotely possible because the CONSUMER demands a higher megapixel camera. Of course they will then say "BUT you can taper it!". NO, they can't. The BATTERY life you demand is not possible since the battery has to be of a specific size to get the current time ratings.

They believe a bigger screen is possible. Again this isn't possible because Apple has a made a choice. They choose to standardize the iPhone on a 480x320 screen. Their only solution to keep this programming standard was to double the screen size and let the software scale based on the hardware in use. Hence they now have a 960x640 screen. When they did that 3.5" WERE the largest screens out there. This allowed them to coin a term called RETINA Display. By Apple's definition, they have said any screen 300 PPI (Pixel Per Inch) or denser, the iPhone 4 is 326 PPI, is a Retina Display. This standard was lauded by the tech community as blessing for clarity and color reproduction. So for Apple, to maintain their own standard for the screen, can only be enlarged under its current design to 3.8". There would be NO COST BENEFIT for them to do that.

BTW, Android decided not to stick with one resolution for their phones. They now have 7 screen sizes. And their users and developers are no complaining that this lack of a single resolution is now hurting application development and a consistent user interface.

Do you want to know the real reason people are complaining? Ignorance. The average consumer doesn't have a CLUE what they are talking about, much less what is even physically possible.
im sure you are right, and "you can't please all of the people all of the time" is very apt in this case wouldn't you say?

This will be my first iPhone. Getting it because I've recently purchased an iPad 2, my current 'phone needs replacing soon, and I wanted to get a 'phone that would run many of the same apps I've bought for my iPad.

I'm happy with most of the specs of the 4S, especially dual-core CPU and the 64GB RAM, and that battery life is not as bad as it might have been.

The only thing I'm disappointed with is that Apple didn't increase the screen size to 4+".

My personal "perfect" solution would be for Apple to offer the current 4S plus also a 5", slightly thicker to accommodate a larger battery for the bigger screen without loosing running time. Yeah, I do know that ain't never gona 'appen!

Funny thing is, I bet if It would have been labeled 5 instead of 4S, many of the complainers would be singing it's praises! Of course there is always that small group that are never satisfied and would complain no matter what!!

Funny thing is, I bet if It would have been labeled 5 instead of 4S, many of the complainers would be singing it's praises! Of course there is always that small group that are never satisfied and would complain no matter what!!

Agreed.

Was just going to post as this has 100% new insides, if they changed the case and called it an iPhone 5, the world would be celebrating.

I can't understand why people complain, upgrade or don't - apple are not forcing you either way. They are just giving an alternitive product for the market.

At least it's not as bad as the android rubbish with something beling released every fine minutes. The only thing that platform is good for is one single game called "Gem Miner - Dig Deeper"!

This kind of thing is known as "1st world problems"

Some media are just harping on the negative side, the iphone 4S have evolved remarkably from the 4
iPhone 4 S
1. Dual-core A5 chip.
2. Dual core graphic
3. 8 megapixels Camera
4. Video recording, 1080p amazing HD with Videostabilisation
5. iCloud.
6. Siri. The intelligent assistant.
7. Intelligent switch between two antennas, It also doubles the maximumdata speeds to 14.4 Mbps

Some media are just harping on the negative side, the iphone 4S have evolved remarkably from the 4
iPhone 4 S
1. Dual-core A5 chip.
2. Dual core graphic
3. 8 megapixels Camera
4. Video recording, 1080p amazing HD with Videostabilisation
5. iCloud.
6. Siri. The intelligent assistant.
7. Intelligent switch between two antennas, It also doubles the maximumdata speeds to 14.4 Mbps

Just these specs are enough for me to buy it. I remember when iPhone 4 just comes out, everyone was talking about how ugly the shape the design was like a brick, now they all turn to be iPhoners. It's the society, some have to be pros and some for sure will discredit it, can't avoid it actually.