What's new

iphone 4S or Galaxy S2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do miss the ability to customize and perhaps some day I will jail brake my 4 S and see what door that opens.

FreeCookie_26-1.jpg

wheeler062505 said:
I've had a few androids: my touch 3G slide, Samsung galaxy (the first one ) and htc evo ( this one was a nightmare ) and now the iPhone 4 and I am thrilled. Never in my life did I ever think I would ever jump that fence but I'm glad I did. Sure it would be nice if the iPhone were a customizable as android but then iPhone would most likely encounter the same problems as android. iPhone is just better protected, longer battery and the apps are more detailed ( you can tell there was a lot of work put into those apps).

I agree with every word! This is why I could not go any further with android. Customization... You're suppose to have control but you really don't. I mean it's difficult stopping the apps from doing their own thing with the system resources. Before ICS the software wasn't taken seriously it was the hardware that they put the most effort in. But ICS may change this. Now the apps need work, and all the different markets for 3rd party apps works against the platform. Not saying iOS doesn't have malware or can't get it, android has become the home for malware. So you really have to be careful.

Lol! Yoda's voice, "Faith in the dark side have you, fail you will."

What really makes it the best phone in your eyes ??

having used them both( I have the iPhone my cousin has the S2) I think the iPhone 4S is better because of
better camera
iOS 5
having used them both the 4S seems a little bit faster
Everthing just works

the s2 and 4a both have great screens but the s2 is bigger. android is a mess of an operating system and updating is a headache. the android store is filled with malware and also a mess.

I was in a similiar decision with the the infuse and 4S but chose the 4S because the 4S works with all my accessories and since I mainly use my phone for music and apps and the camera the I chose the iPhone
I am with you on the "everything just works" and the malware comments. My last Android phone was the crappiest cell phone I've had in years. Horrendous call quality, I wouldn't get half of my texts, half of my texts weren't received by other people, and voicemails usually didn't come through for days. I dealt with that for 6 months at least before I was eligible for my upgrade. It was getting annoying having to explain to every new person that my phone sucked and was unreliable.

I've had Android and iPhones. Each OS has particular features that I enjoy. I wish I could pick and choose then add into a new OS. For me, first and foremost, the device is a PHONE. Therefore, for me, the iPhone wins. Samsung phones do not deliver the same call quality as Iphone. If I wanted another Android it would be one of Moto's. Just my opinion.
Like I said above, I agree, Samsung don't make good phones. I had bad luck with the original Moto Droids too though.

I just like iOS because it works. It's slick, looks nice, and works. My Android phones would get tons of problems, but iPhones rarely get problems a simple solution won't fix.

I just like iOS because it works. It's slick, looks nice, and works. My Android phones would get tons of problems, but iPhones rarely get problems a simple solution won't fix.

Thats so not true lol I know of the problems Iphons have. And if a simple solution would be to break the teather of Itunes well that would be great. I have not had lots of Android phones at all but I can tell ya that the Galaxy S2 has great phone quality. Everything just works on this phone as well. But the more I look into Android I see that if you can not afford a top end smart phone you can still get a low end phone and it sounds like most of ya got your self into these phones and had problems. I dont think that the Droid is all that good herd lots of people with problems and that is a shame I liked Motorola years ago before they were into the smart phones.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats so not true lol I know of the problems Iphons have.

One can just look at all the threads on this site to know this is true. Or the ipad site or the Galaxy II site. Every device has it's issues.

I think that the OP's orig post has been asked, and answered and he made his decision. This thread has run it's course!

Everyone enjoy your phone whatever it is!

CLOSED.

Status
Not open for further replies.