iPhoneForums.Net News Team
- Jun 18, 2010
- Reaction score
“We recently readjusted the production volume for thorough investigation and quality control, but putting consumer safety as top priority, we have reached a final decision to halt production of Galaxy Note 7s,” said Samsung in a statement. “For the benefit of consumers’ safety, we stopped sales and exchanges of the Galaxy Note 7 and have consequently decided to stop production.”
AppleInsider heard from AT&T store managers who expressed their anger at how Samsung has handled the whole situation.
“Those Samsung guys? They’re not here,” one store manager raged to AppleInsider. “We’re getting the brunt of this, telling people that they can’t get a Note 7, and before that, that we didn’t have anything to give them in exchange. I can’t even tell you how many people have yelled at me because the Note 7 was garbage.”
It is thought that the financial losses to Samsung as a result of the exploding phones could be in excess of $19 billion.
Samsung’s loss is Apple’s gain, however, as the managers of the AT&T stores told AppleInsider that there had been 107 Galaxy Note 7 exchanges, 82 of those being since Samsung had allowed other brands of phone to be exchanged for the Note 7. The majority of those switching had chosen to switch to iPhones, with 72 of those choosing either an iPhone 7 or an iPhone 7 Plus.
“This has probably killed the Note 7 brand name,” said Edward Snyder, managing director of Charter Equity Research. “By the time they fix the problem they have to go through recertification and requalification and by the time that happens, they’re going up against the S8 launch.”
Source: Hammer finally falls as Samsung Galaxy Note 7 is officially, permanently discontinued