What's new

iphone 4S or Galaxy S2

Status
Not open for further replies.

atmasters

Reaction score
Know I know that most of people are going to recommend the Iphone but does anyone have much experience with the Iphone4S and the Galaxy S2 that can share some of the real pros and cons? I have watched a lot of utube comparing the 2 and it seems like the Galaxy always comes on top. I dont have either and would like to see what people think of each phone before spending so much $$. I have a thread going about why would people get the 4S when the Iphone5 could be just around the corner...

I just got the Galaxy S2 and I love it! It was a hard decision, I will admit. The screen is amazingly big and the colors pop! I have never loved a phone more. I bought it straight out with no contract, as I just can't be owned for two years ~ I have T-mobile, unlimited everything, for $60 a month.

I have had it for about three weeks!

The build quality on the IPhone is far superior to the Samsung.
Also with the Samsung you will need a pair of Cor Blimey trousers with Cor Blimey pockets , to transport it around.

Sent from iPhone

e97aabe2.png

lol!

I know my friends Iphone 4 has a nice looking screen but it does look a little small. I played with a HTC Desire awhile ago and even that had a small screen and I believe the Iphone has a smaller screen than that. I am more leaning towards the Galaxy S2. But I do like the Iphone UI though..

What it really boils down to is preference. I just made the switch from Android (Galaxy S1) to Apple yesterday and I am SO HAPPY I DID. But I had a crappy phone. And also, because I have an iPad, I didn't feel like I needed a phone with a super huge screen. Plus, after getting the iPad I fell in love with iOS' awesomeness.

What it really boils down to is preference. I just made the switch from Android (Galaxy S1) to Apple yesterday and I am SO HAPPY I DID. But I had a crappy phone. And also, because I have an iPad, I didn't feel like I needed a phone with a super huge screen. Plus, after getting the iPad I fell in love with iOS' awesomeness.

What is it that makes the Iphone better than the Galaxy S1 ? I think I am going to get the Galaxy s2 but still want to know from people that have had these phones and see what the grips are. All I know is the specs are more towards Android but Apples OS is more polished but is more restricted. More apps for the time being goes to Apple but more free apps for Android. Can you customize the Iphone 4S like for exp better keyboards ect if you can do more on the Iphone then I think the Iphone is the way to go. All I know is I love apple computers and the Ipad looks awesome but when it comes to a cell phone I just dont know..

I had an incredible and switched to iPhone 4s the reason being is I wanted better battery life. And so far I'm happy I made the switch. Battery life way better on iPhone. Also ios is nice I do miss the customization of android and ease of custom tone.

For me it comes down to the OS. I prefer the iOS experience over Android, if I was into customization and such the Android would probably appeal more though. But I just want the phone to be a phone, email to be email, and apps to be apps without having to with *Mess with stuff* too much. iOS does the job, apps crash less frequently and as I understand it Androids have to wait for the individual manufacturer to approve and updates to the version of Android you have. So some phones out there will have the latest version whilst others wait. (Correct me if i'm wrong here).

I like the screen size of my iPhone too, much bigger becomes more of a "Small tablet" rather than a "Large phone". 3G iPad Nano anyone? :lol:

**Edit: Apologies, I forgot I was on a US forum**

Last edited:
I to have been a avid iphone person, I have had every iphone that has been released up to the i4. I have not jumped on the i4S band wagon due to waiting for a LTE version to be released. I have been looking at the Galaxy S2 also. I would like to play around with one for a bit of time and see how they run. I would never give up on a iphone but would like to try the Galaxy S2. I may buy one from somewhere with out a contract just to try it out. Heck if I don't like it I can always sell it or use it as a back up. I also have a ipad so the bigger screen is not a issue with me either. But to give one a "test drive" would be fun. Anyone know if they use a micro sim also like the i4 does?

Being with out a Un-Tethered JB on my i4 has had me this way. Maybe they will have a Un-Tethered JB out soon for iOS 5.0 then I may move out of the "wanting to test drive" a Android Galaxy S2.

I made the switch to iphone (from blackberrys, not much of a competitor i know) and couldnt be happyer. My friend has the s2 and for me it just seems too long and clumbsy. Ive never really been a fan of samsung the menu system seem too basic for me (i might be wrong with the newer smarphones, havnt really messed around with one).
However i can preach that the i4 if jailbroken can really be amazing. I never really appreciated my iphone until i jailbroke it and probably will never run it stock again if possible. All the flaws people poke out about custom themes etc is all possible. So i would say its purely down to your own preference and which ever one appeals to you more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4s happy user here even tough i encountered some problems

GoPackGo said:

I "try" to like other phones and tablets; however, they just aren't as nice as Apple products. ;)

Sent from my Verizon Black 64GB iPad 2 w IOS 5.0.1 Update using iPF.net

Status
Not open for further replies.