What's new

iPhone 4, 4s, or wait for iPhone 5?

Sixpack

Reaction score
I am new here. I want an iPhone but don't know which one to get. All the 4 v 4s reviews I can find are from 10/2011 when the 4s first came out...... Not helpfull. So, please give me a comparison. All the reviews say the 4s has far worse battery life than the 4, other than that it is better in every way. But all the people with them say not to bother with the 4s, because it isn't enough different to be worth the price. Of should I just fight the itchiness to get a new phone and wait until the iPhone 5 comes out (rumored for sept)?

Last edited by a moderator:
There will always be a new, better,faster, more featured version on the horizon.

Sixpack, I'd get the 4S! We have NO IDEA when the iPhone 5 will arrive, and it doesn't get much better than the 4S. If the iP5 is really THAT much greater than the 4S, just break the contract and get the 5. No prob.

The only reason to wait for a 5 in my opinion is if you want a larger screen and LTE. OF course those aren't guarantee's either.

4 vs 4S is just down to hardware. If you can live without the 8mp camera, 1080p video, dual core CPU, Siri and not having a 64gb model available then a 2nd hand 4 is probably a better choice. If you have your heart set on a new one, then get a 4S, the 4 only comes in 8gb new now and that's painfully slim in the memory dept.

They're crazy about language here too, which amuses me as on the net you're never more than a few clicks away from unbelievable filth. But hey, Freedom of Speech and all that huh? :)

Agree with jarred we have no set date on when the ip5 will be here. And what it will be packing you just never know with apple. So go with the 4s you will be more then happy.

It kind of depends on what phone you are coming from and how bad you need something new. If you can hang on until we hear when the IPhone 5 comes out, you could make your decision then.

since you haven't use any iPhone before, i recommend you to start with the 4S, the battery of the 4S is not that bad, and if you start with the 4S you will then be in the 1st wagon of iPhones series. That way you will be able to know everything about iPhone and will be able to know what will be the differences between the 4S and the 5 when it comes out. Good luck.

I agree. Get the 4s! I got it and the battery life is about average. Ive converted my whole family to get the iPhone 4s. Even my Korean mom. Ha! Youll love it. We were all android users till I finally got my hands on a iPhone 4 and it's been a great choice to go with the iPhone. Il never go back to android. Ever...couldn't pay me to. Well unless it's for a substantial amount of money of course...but even then...il have an issue of going against my word of honor. Ha! Chew on that Motorola! Go ahead! It's delicious!

Thanks for the input. Sorry About the cursing. The phone I currently have is an enV touch, I am kind of desperate for a new phone. On average what is everyone getting for battery life? Normal use for me is a fair amount of texting, Internet and music when I get in the car.

Thanks for the input. Sorry About the cursing. The phone I currently have is an enV touch, I am kind of desperate for a new phone. On average what is everyone getting for battery life? Normal use for me is a fair amount of texting, Internet and music when I get in the car.

You can have at least 7 good hours of usage from your new iphone daily if that's only what you do with your phones.

the 4S has barely been released for 3 months so I would get the 4S.. it will be a long time before we see a new device

I have the 4 and didn't upgrade to the 4S because other than Siri I really didn't need it's new features. They are nice to have, but not necessary. Battery life can be improved by simple things like turning down the screen brightness and closing all apps when you are done using them. Also turning off bluetooth and Wifi when you aren't using them will help. If I don't go on the internet or any internet apps like Facebook on the phone I can get 2 days out with phone calls, text and email. On average though I am down to about 25-35% before I go to bed each day with internet useage. I charge it over night and I'm set to go the next day.

I am waiting on the iphone that has a larger screen and 4G capability which I would expect in the next one, but who knows. I think Apple doesn't release something to compete with all the Androids they will lose some business, even though I think the iPhone blows the droids away.

Get the 4S I have had the 4 and the 4s and while the difference isn't that great its def a better choice and if you get the 5 in the future u will get more on the sale of the 4s that you would the 4. My bat will last from 6am til 1-2 am the next morning with normal use, texting, talking, watching about 45 mins youtube, etc. per day and still have about 20% left when I plug it back up.