What's new

Switching from Android to iPhone

slappindabass

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I just got back from the Verizon store because I am going to return my LG Revolution (which by the way has absolutely terrible battery life and Bing sucks) and wanted to ask them about the iPhone. The guy "helping" me (store manager) had the IQ of a ten year old and didn't answer any of my questions. When I told him I wanted to return the LG because of the battery and other small issues, his response was, "Well, all the smartphone have bad battery." No, those are not typos, those were his exact words. Anyways, long story short, this guy didn't help me in any way. So first question: How long on average does the iPhone 4's battery last with normal usage? Also, how easy is the switch from Android to the iPhone? I've had four Android phones which I have loved, but it's time for a change.
Obviously, the iPhone 5 is coming out soon, but I think I am going to go ahead and get the 4. I'm not too worried about 4G, as I have seen sucks down battery like it's its job. I've messed around on plenty of iPhones, and the processor is plenty fast, so that wouldn't matter much to me either when deciding between the 4 and 5. Please let me know any info you have on the battery life and/or making the switch from Android to iPhone. Thanks in advance

No experience with an Android (iPhone 4 is my first smarphone) so can't help you there. My iPhone's battery is pretty darn good. I can go an easy 3 days (maybe more) just talking, a little texting and a little Angry Birds.

slappindabass said:
Hi everyone. I just got back from the Verizon store because I am going to return my LG Revolution (which by the way has absolutely terrible battery life and Bing sucks) and wanted to ask them about the iPhone. The guy "helping" me (store manager) had the IQ of a ten year old and didn't answer any of my questions. When I told him I wanted to return the LG because of the battery and other small issues, his response was, "Well, all the smartphone have bad battery." No, those are not typos, those were his exact words. Anyways, long story short, this guy didn't help me in any way. So first question: How long on average does the iPhone 4's battery last with normal usage? Also, how easy is the switch from Android to the iPhone? I've had four Android phones which I have loved, but it's time for a change.
Obviously, the iPhone 5 is coming out soon, but I think I am going to go ahead and get the 4. I'm not too worried about 4G, as I have seen sucks down battery like it's its job. I've messed around on plenty of iPhones, and the processor is plenty fast, so that wouldn't matter much to me either when deciding between the 4 and 5. Please let me know any info you have on the battery life and/or making the switch from Android to iPhone. Thanks in advance

Making the switch from android is pretty easy. If you don't mind the widgets not being there it's fine. The battery life is spectacular. With normal usage I can get up to two days. Once you break the battery in you'll be extremely satisfied. I made the switch from android, to the blackberry and finally the iPhone. I don't miss anything from those devices. The iPhone 5 will not be 4G LTE. The most important thing that you can do is close apps after you finish using them. Keeping brightness below 50%. Turning off wifi/location when not in use.
Now if you decide to jailbreak you'll be able to customize the device to your preference. Meaning you'll be able to add tweaks that apple didn't include in it's firmware. You'll be pleased with it. This forum can help you decide on making that switch 100% better than a sells rep

Thank you very much for the response. I'll definitely consider jailbreaking. I rooted my first droid and loved having that amount of control. As far as syncing contacts from android to the iphone, can this be done through gmail?

I came from the droid world to i was gonna get another droid when i looked at them they just felt so cheap. So i said to myself lets look at the iphone as soon as i picked it up i was sold. The battery is by far the best in any smart phone i get 3 days easy so i say go for it!

slappindabass said:
Thank you very much for the response. I'll definitely consider jailbreaking. I rooted my first droid and loved having that amount of control. As far as syncing contacts from android to the iphone, can this be done through gmail?

You can sync your contacts using your email account that was associated with your droid.

I went from a 3GS to Android using the Droid 2 then the Droid Charge. Both phones had great screens and we completely customizable but battery life was poor. Also, they seemed to slow down considerable as I added programs to the point it would take 10-15 seconds to open the address book for a phone number. By comparison, the Iphone, with it's tightly controlled operating system, always performs quick and battery generally lasts all day with no problems. I do miss the large screen and hopefully the Iphone 5 will remedy this. I do find that AT&T is quicker than Verizon in my area when it comes to 3G performance--mine is disappointingly slow-usually only 200-300k instead of the 750-1Gb I got with AT&T. But I like the Iphone 4 better than all others at the present time.

Good Luck.