What's new

on the fence about making the switch..

How is the beta? Stable or buggy?

its pretty stable, a little slow at times but works good!! the great thing is it will only get better and i cant wait!!! but worth the download and if your not jailbroken,lol!!

I see, unfortunately I jailbreak and I don't want to lose it now. I will wait for the official release of the untether jailbreak of the ops 5. Thanks for the info, it makes feel good about the iOS.

i understand believe me, youll like the new ios 5 and after all the tweeks are worked out it will be really nice!! and of course the jailbreak to boot!!

i understand believe me, youll like the new ios 5 and after all the tweeks are worked out it will be really nice!! and of course the jailbreak to boot!!
I believe the jailbreak + iOS 5 will be = to powerfull and awesome. I'm looking forward for having it.

i too am leaving android, had a droid x and a fascinate, nothing but problems on both. I used to have a iphone 4 on att, and was definately satisfied with the phone, just the coverage was awful. I wont go back to android, toooooooo many bugs and every phone is on a different OS update.

I spent a few years with Blackberry and was quite satisfied with their platform. I have to admit I am not a huge fan of iTunes. But...I had an oppurtunity to play with my wifes Moto X and it crashed on me several times. The next day I walked into Verizon and bought the iPhone 4. There were so many phones I was waiting for, namely the Motorola Bionic. It seems the Bionic's debut has come and gone with no phone to surface.
After a few weeks with the iPhone and the learning curve I find it to be a solid platform. I personally don't have any ideas to jailbreak it to get all the nifty options that area available. The iPhone like any other phone takes some getting use to and adapting to its features rather than what ever phone you came from. The battery life was a small issue at first and then I got the hang of the battery grabbing apps and stopped them eating my battery. The iPhone battery lasts about two days which is a lot shorter than my good old Storm but its still doable.
If faced with making the decision again...i would get the iPhone over a droid for the solid platform.

I spent a few years with Blackberry and was quite satisfied with their platform. I have to admit I am not a huge fan of iTunes. But...I had an oppurtunity to play with my wifes Moto X and it crashed on me several times. The next day I walked into Verizon and bought the iPhone 4. There were so many phones I was waiting for, namely the Motorola Bionic. It seems the Bionic's debut has come and gone with no phone to surface.
After a few weeks with the iPhone and the learning curve I find it to be a solid platform. I personally don't have any ideas to jailbreak it to get all the nifty options that area available. The iPhone like any other phone takes some getting use to and adapting to its features rather than what ever phone you came from. The battery life was a small issue at first and then I got the hang of the battery grabbing apps and stopped them eating my battery. The iPhone battery lasts about two days which is a lot shorter than my good old Storm but its still doable.
If faced with making the decision again...i would get the iPhone over a droid for the solid platform.

Good decision. Do that.

I used multiple Blackberries over 6 years or so. Last fall our office switched from providing the phones to reimbursing, so I added my phone to Verizon since that's where my whole family was.

Wanted to go to the Torch, but Verizon didn't offer it, so I went with the Droid Pro.

Struggled for 6 months to get the (&(* thing to work well with our exchange server. Finally a week ago the phone bricked. Got a replacement overnight. It bricked on Tuesday when I tried to install the Gingerbread OTA update. Got a Blackberry Bold shipped overnight. It didn't have a battery cover with it and Verizon told me I was supposed to keep the one from my old phone. Duh. Decided to just use an available upgrade and get the iPhone 4. I've now had it for 48 hours and I think it was one of the best decisions I ever made (from a phone standpoint...wife was the best :)). Very smooth and fast. It's done everything I've asked of it. Obviously, we'll see how it goes over time, but I'm tickled right now.