What's new

So you switched from Android to iPhone. Are you happy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's talking about the gv keypad and the iOS keypad.
Can you elaborate? Not ever having used an iPhone, how well/poorly does Google Voice integrate with it? How seamless can the experience be made to be?

cgwaters said:
How do you mean 'two key pads'? (I'm still on Android but contemplating switching...)

One key pad for my Verizon iPhone and one key pad for Google Voice to make calls on the same iPhone that I own. Each have separate phone numbers.

Sent from my Verizon 64GB Black iPad2 using iPF.net

cgwaters said:
Can you elaborate? Not ever having used an iPhone, how well/poorly does Google Voice integrate with it? How seamless can the experience be made to be?

It's easily configured and great to use. The official app is bad but try talkatone. It's free.

I am android user and going to iPhone at end of month also!! Can't wait, hope I like it.
We already have iPad and touch, so thinking it will be a good change from android.

Now if I could only find a cheaper iPhone 4 for my daughter, she wants to switch also but her contract is not up until next July!

Switch from the droid 2 , I love my iPhone it's way more convent having an iPhone since everything is made for iproducts, it's better looking and faster, overall I'm glad I switched

Came from Samsung galaxy 4g and bb both on tmobile. And so far I don't think any of them can really come close both were lagy slow bugs and had to constantly restore but I'm in love with my silk smooth iPhone 4 on Verizon network. Me happy :).

I have switched from iphone to android and found that the android phone works pretty good, I have downloaded many apps for my android phone and the phone works good and don't found any error while using my phone.
I have also found an incredible android application for hajj, the application is really cool for all haji's known as Hajj and Umrah application

If you read and write in Arabic like I do, then you are going to hate life with the Android. Android is very poor at displaying Arabic script.

1) For contacts stored on Google, why did directions instruct to tap Microsoft Exchange instead of Gmail?
2) The iOS email app seems less useful than was Android's Gmail.
At least, I have yet to figure out how it handles folders
3) The dinky wall wart does not seem to keep up with 4S;
the battery charge bar kept dropping while I was using the iPhone with it plugged in.
I note that the charger for iPads, which share most hardware with the 4S, has twice the current rating.
4) Phone volume is not loud enough.
Speaker phone is loud, not very clear.

1) For contacts stored on Google, why did directions instruct to tap Microsoft Exchange instead of Gmail?
2) The iOS email app seems less useful than was Android's Gmail.
At least, I have yet to figure out how it handles folders
3) The dinky wall wart does not seem to keep up with 4S;
the battery charge bar kept dropping while I was using the iPhone with it plugged in.
I note that the charger for iPads, which share most hardware with the 4S, has twice the current rating.
4) Phone volume is not loud enough.
Speaker phone is loud, not very clear.

1) Because Gmail selection doesn't support the push protocol. You can actually blame Google for that. They made up for it by making the Exchange protocol work for push.

2) That is a matter of opinion. I ran Gmail for 13 months on an OG Droid, I can tell you without a doubt the iPhone version is more reliable.

3) That is a lose connection issue not a amperage issue. And yes, the iPad requires more power than the iPhone.

4) That is an issue with your ears not with the phone.

I just switched from a htc droid incredible to a 16 GB white iPhone 4 S. although Iove my iPhone, I miss the audio turn by turn driving instructions. It's very difficult to have to read directions and drive.

I just switched from a htc droid incredible to a 16 GB white iPhone 4 S. although Iove my iPhone, I miss the audio turn by turn driving instructions. It's very difficult to have to read directions and drive.

Search for "Mapquest 4 Mobile" in the App store. While it is not as good as Google Navigation, it is the closet thing on iOS that does the job well and is still free. It was the first app I had to download after switching from a Motorola Droid.

Just switched from droid x. I've been waiting for the new iPhone. Specifically for ios5 mainly for the new notifications. Siri is hit or miss so far. The only thing I really miss is widgets for wifi and airplane mode. Hopefully a JB will come out soon and I can add it to the notifications. Otherwise couldn't be happier.

mbern1008 said:
Just switched from droid x. I've been waiting for the new iPhone. Specifically for ios5 mainly for the new notifications. Siri is hit or miss so far. The only thing I really miss is widgets for wifi and airplane mode. Hopefully a JB will come out soon and I can add it to the notifications. Otherwise couldn't be happier.

I have also switched from the droid x as well and i do miss the widgets and the size of the screen,the droid x screen was very nice and a lot more easier to read. i also miss some of the apps that the android has that the iPhone does not have.

I also just switched - 50+ yoa and the screen is much easier to read (though smaller)
So far OS5 much more stable then Gingerbread...not one reboot...widgets nice but eat battery...siri works very well so far...signal strength is better also very very happy

Status
Not open for further replies.