What's new

So you switched from Android to iPhone. Are you happy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a couple of new Android phones. I am glad I got rid of them. The quality is not the same as Apple products, I had a Samsung Galaxy S4G with T-Mo and another on AT&T before that. I am glad I switched two months ago. The iPhone is so much better, sure I don't get HSPA+ (Yet) or 4G but to be honest T-Mo's 4G hardly ever worked where I live and were talking Silicon Valley - SF Bay area here.

Now that I have a Verizon iPhone and I purchased a Verizon 4G LTE MiWI Hotspot to go long with it for when the family travels and we all can enjoy 4G speeds on our iPhone's, iPads etc.

While I have to admit that Google navigation is pretty darn good, I get by on a App on my iPhone. The App store is a big difference as well. And basically with Apple it just works. Can't wait for iOS 5 everything Android thinks it is and more. Thank you Steve J and Apple.

I switched from the Droid to the iPhone. I'm very happy with the iPhone. MUCH more polished interface.

It's true that the Andriod can be customized way more, but I've found that I don't miss that at all. I was constantly changing the screens around on my Droid, and trying different homescreen apps. It got to be more of an annoyance than anything else. Don't get me wrong here, if that's your thing go for it. It turns out (for me) to be counterproductive, though.

There are some things I miss, most of all the Google navigation. Nothing on the iPhone can touch it (yet). Mapquest does a pretty good job, but Google was better. All in all, the free Mapquest app will get you to where you want to go though.

Also, you could do darn near anything with Android just by talking to it. The iPhone isn't there yet, at least not to the level the Android OS is. On the other hand, the iPhone (for me) is way more accurate in understanding your voice in what it does do.

Two things stand out in favor of the iPhone, in my opinion.
1. email. WAY better viewing experience on the iPhone. Nothing on the Android OS comes close, nothing.
2. responsiveness of the interface. The iPhone has it hands down over any Droid I tried. Some say that the rooted and overclocked droids are just as smooth, and I can't dispute that, but I find it hard to believe anything could be as smooth as the iPhone operation.

Those are my findings after a couple weeks with the iPhone. Am I happy? You betcha. Would I go back to the Android system? Only with a proven, out of the box phone that was consistently as easy to use and smooth of operation as the iPhone.

Oh, do I miss Flash? Nope, it was a PITA mostly. Phone data speeds need to get faster before Flash is ggod enough on any phone.

am I a iPhone fanboy? Not on your life, I'm just telling it like it is.

Don

I'm going to have to agree with most of what Don said... My wife and I just moved from our Android Samsung Fascinates to the iPhone about a week ago and couldn't be happier. I'm looking to Jailbreak ASAP and am looking forward to the advantages that will bring too!

Wow, what a thread and, I'm late as usual. I have been back and forth with Android and IOS and, here's my story & opinions:

My first actual smartphone was a blackberry (on Verizon) but, my first touchscreen phone was the Nexus One (T-mobile). I really liked it but, had always wanted a Iphone, I just didn't want to deal with At&t.

When the Iphone 4 came out, I couldn't resist; and switched to At&t to get one. Later I switched back to Android, got a Mytouch 4G and, Nexus S on T-mobile. I am now back with my original carrier (Verizon) with a white Iphone 4.

I have experienced a lot of different levels of phones and plans. They all have their advantages & disadvantages. One of the reasons I switched back to the Iphone is a specific app I use for my business which is really nice. I am also one of the few people who actually like Itunes and, the way Apple has it set up. I like the smooth operation of the Iphone and, the battery life.

I do miss the customization with Android and, my Nexus S was very fast. Nothing - as far as a Android device is concerned - can beat a pure Google phone IMO. If your going to go Android, that's the way to go.

The notifications are better on android also but, with IOS 5 coming out, that is all changing. I could go on and on but, a lot of you have already covered the some of the same things I could write about. I think it just comes down to personel preference.

As of now the IPhone 4 is the phone for me. I like the look and feel of it and the very fluid and smooth operation. The google stuff I really like, I can use on it and, it works well. With the improvements in IOS 5, I may never go back to a Android phone, but who knows. I have a Android tablet so, that kind of satisfies my Android need.

Switched from apple to droid when it was launched, then to droid 2 and then droid 2 global and now I just switched back to iPhone 4.... Loving it... I do not regret the decision!!

Love my new iPhone only had it several hours and I'm in love with it ! I need to just get some more apps and get everything the way it want it. Thinking about jailbreaking tho

Well I was happy until my wife had our second child on tuesday and i took a ton of pics. And as I was sending them to friends and family my phone locked up tighter then a ticks ass. I lost all the pics of my new son. Never experienced any problems like this with my droid.

I'm disappointed that there aren't more recent postings on this thread.

Are there any Google Voice users here? How are you adjusting to using GV on the iPhone?

How about profile-based applications like PhoneWeaver and Tasker? Have you found anything even *remotely* similar?

cgwaters said:
I'm disappointed that there aren't more recent postings on this thread.

Are there any Google Voice users here? How are you adjusting to using GV on the iPhone?

How about profile-based applications like PhoneWeaver and Tasker? Have you found anything even *remotely* similar?

I love having the two key pads on my phone except that for some reason calls drop when I dial directly from the google voice key pad.

Sent from my Verizon 64GB Black iPad2 using iPF.net

Well I was happy until my wife had our second child on tuesday and i took a ton of pics. And as I was sending them to friends and family my phone locked up tighter then a ticks ass. I lost all the pics of my new son. Never experienced any problems like this with my droid.

Try resetting iPhone. Hold both the round button on front of iPhone at the same time as the power button on top. Hold til you get power off message. Then restart iPhone.

My wife and I switched from the original Droid to the iPhone 4 and I can say that we are worlds happier. The only thing she misses is the physical keyboard. I think she has gotten over it though.

Del said:
My wife and I switched from the original Droid to the iPhone 4 and I can say that we are worlds happier. The only thing she misses is the physical keyboard. I think she has gotten over it though.

She can order a Bluetooth keyboard if she really misses it.

http://www.thinkgeek.com/gadgets/cellphone/e66e/

Attachments

• $image-3945907072.jpg
    $image-3945907072.jpg
    5.2 KB · Views: 418
Last edited:
I love having the two key pads on my phone except that for some reason calls drop when I dial directly from the google voice key pad.
How do you mean 'two key pads'? (I'm still on Android but contemplating switching...)

cgwaters said:
How do you mean 'two key pads'? (I'm still on Android but contemplating switching...)

He's talking about the gv keypad and the iOS keypad.

Status
Not open for further replies.