What's new

So you switched from Android to iPhone. Are you happy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Switched from Samsung Fascinate to iPhone back in Feb. :) Love it! But I'm also all Appled out at home!

I am extremely happy with my iPhone. It sure blows the other phones without a doubt.

apple is hands down a more reliable source than any android and if u jailbreak your handset you pretty much have an apple android if u think about it ... because u are now open to third party sources ... yeah androids are 4g and what not but the technology and 4g network is still new once they get the kinks out apple with step up and bring out a lte handset that will blow everything out of the water... powerful A5 chip and lte network is one deadly combo....

keek49 said:
apple is hands down a more reliable source than any android and if u jailbreak your handset you pretty much have an apple android if u think about it ... because u are now open to third party sources ... yeah androids are 4g and what not but the technology and 4g network is still new ( let's remember the nation wide lte outage verizon just had ) once they get the kinks out apple with step up and bring out a lte handset that will blow everything out of the water... powerful A5 chip and lte network is one deadly combo....

just made the switch last week. I am happy with my iPhone. Although there are certain features i miss on the Droid x

So far I'm very happy. HTC Hero ---> HTC EVO ---> Droid X ---> HTC Thunderbolt--> iPhone 4. Loving it. Finally a phone I can actually use out of the box. Android does have its pro's but in the end it just wasn't working out for me.

I switched from the HTC Evo (Android) to the iPhone 4. I am both incredibly satisfied with the hardware and software aspects of this switch. These are the main reasons:

- Less freezing
- MUCH longer battery (evo died constantly)
- Battery charges in about 1 hour (compared to 3-4)
- Touch screen is more responsive
- Typing is more accurate on iPhone
- Smaller, lighter
- Just "works"

I made a bad choice going to Verizon.. but this is a network issue. iPhone is the way to go 100%.

I had a epic 4g and i liked it but for some reasion in the back of my mind i wanted a 32gb whit iphone so bad. I ended up gettin one and i love it seems the same app wise besides not as may aps to crash your phone and force close but i do miss a 2 things google voice search and and the free wifi teather but i think that can be fixed.

I switched from the HTC Evo (Android) to the iPhone 4. I am both incredibly satisfied with the hardware and software aspects of this switch. These are the main reasons:

- Less freezing
- Smaller, lighter
- Just "works"

I made a bad choice going to Verizon.. but this is a network issue. iPhone is the way to go 100%.

- Less freezing

I also fell the same after comming from epic 4g to iphone4

Coming from the Droid X

what the IP4 does better:
*Battery
*no resetting randomly
*More Apps i actually use
*Front facing camera (that i never use, but it nice to have )
*Strong signal
* better screen

What the X did better
*Bigger screen
*The UI is more enjoyable (sorry but iOS gets a little bland)
*Widgets ( Though the battery drain kinda makes this a grey area)
* Oh and how i miss Google Navigator
* Better Camera and Video Quality
* better blue tooth connectivity with my car ( I would get into my WRX and my X would automatically connect, i have to fight with my iPhone)
* Notifications

The only time I ever really regret the IP4 is when it's time to brake out the navigator, i downloaded NaviGon and it seems to loose GPS signal every few miles. On the same trip when i had my X, it rarely ever lost GPS.

All and all I am very happy with my iPhone, the Lack of freezing, awesome batter life and great apps make up for almost everything else.

Last edited:
Get the DriveX navigation app. 0.99 cents and $20 for the whole year with voice. I DLed on an iphone 4 and it is even better than the google nav. It is as accurate as the Tom Tom and Garmin standalone units. Gets rave reviews in the App store.

Get the DriveX navigation app. 0.99 cents and $20 for the whole year with voice. I DLed on an iphone 4 and it is even better than the google nav. It is as accurate as the Tom Tom and Garmin standalone units. Gets rave reviews in the App store.

I'll check it out on my next trip, thank you

I switched from the Droid to the iPhone. The iPhone is much more responsive, easy to manage apps (it is a pain to move the apps manually on the Droid to the SD card), and syncs much better with my Mac. The other plus is the availability of third party docks, accessories, and more importantly, places to buy those accessories. Oh, the battery life is also better. On the downside, if you have a protective case (mine is an Incipio case), it is hard to locate a proper holster for the combo. The original Motorola Droid case works (but is no longer made) and the Samsung case that Verizon carries also works. The Nite Ize cases (medium) work, but it is hard to remove the phone (the vertical one works the best).

No, I would not switch back to the Droid.

One more thing, although it could be considered minor.

I have had my iPhone since the first day Verison released it. It has never had a protective cover. The screen in still pristine. not even any fine scratches. Impressive.

My Droid 1 had a few minor scratches, and quite a few very fine scratches. Nothing that made it unusable, and they were pretty much invisible when the screen was actually lit.

Bottom line, the Droid screen was very tough, but the iPhone screen seems absolutely unscratchable so far. I like.

dtrust said:
One more thing, although it could be considered minor.

I have had my iPhone since the first day Verison released it. It has never had a protective cover. The screen in still pristine. not even any fine scratches. Impressive.

My Droid 1 had a few minor scratches, and quite a few very fine scratches. Nothing that made it unusable, and they were pretty much invisible when the screen was actually lit.

Bottom line, the Droid screen was very tough, but the iPhone screen seems absolutely unscratchable so far. I like.

Sane here. Droid screen lookin good still too.

Status
Not open for further replies.