What's new

So you switched from Android to iPhone. Are you happy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I switched from the htc incredible to the 4s in black on Saturday. Best decision I ever made. My htc was clitchy right out of the box. Went thru 3 of them before I realized its android. This is my 1st apple product and I am co
completely sold on them in just 3 days.
I Love My IPHONE!

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

I agree with u 100% I too switched to iPhone from the Htc Incredible and find iPhone to be a smoother better running phone. Not buggy and glitchy like the incredible. I love iPhone!!

Wow, I don't even know where to begin with your post. See, I am a jaded former Android user. Spent 13 months dealing with that OS on every level. Wrote the book on overclocking them. Worked with 3 custom ROM makers as a consultant. And was also an app developer for Android. So lets start putting your complaints into the proper perspective.

A flipping file system! Geez, I want to plug it into any computer and drag and drop... plus I only want to have 1 copy of a file on the phone if it is shared across multiple programs.

Ah yes, a file system. A place where the average user can mess up an OS faster than you can spell "Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious" off the top of your head. And do it in such a way where the phone may not operate properly anymore. You're right, that is a really good idea for a phone that "Works".

Then the other piece is sideloading applications. I want to load any app I want, *moderated* Apple's approval

Really???? The leading cause of trojans/malware on Android and you want to introduced that to an OS that doesn't have that issue? You're SOOOO right. Lets make a secure OS less secure for the masses so that they can have their data stolen like over 250 million people did on Android. That's a GREAT idea.

I don't want to have to mess around with my phone to get BASIC features.

Sorry. iOS has basic features. Just because YOU THINK it should have more doesn't mean it should. iOS is written for one single purpose. To work.

EDIT: And I forgot one other thing missing for iPhones: Development on any platform I want - for free. I don't like Macs, I don't want to own one just to write an app for my phone and I don't want to pay Apple $100/yr to do so either.

ROTFL.... Oh yeah, this idea is a REAL winner. Lets get a flood of completely worthless apps like Android has because ANY ONE with a PC can compile an APP and has NO financial incentive to do something useful. Apple does this for a very good reason. To keep out the rift raft.

Ah yes, a file system. A place where the average user can mess up an OS faster than you can spell "Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious" off the top of your head. And do it in such a way where the phone may not operate properly anymore. You're right, that is a really good idea for a phone that "Works".
It's pretty hard to mess up the OS when the filesystem is read only except for certain areas where you put your files. It is a useful tool for those of us who would make use of it.

Really???? The leading cause of trojans/malware on Android and you want to introduced that to an OS that doesn't have that issue? You're SOOOO right. Lets make a secure OS less secure for the masses so that they can have their data stolen like over 250 million people did on Android. That's a GREAT idea.
Well, I never received any malware on my Android phones. Protecting the user from themselves is great and all but there should be an option for people to do what they need to with their phones.

Sorry. iOS has basic features. Just because YOU THINK it should have more doesn't mean it should. iOS is written for one single purpose. To work.
Loading software of your choice and having a filesystem to work with are the very core of any computer system. Adding them in won't remove it's ability to just work.

ROTFL.... Oh yeah, this idea is a REAL winner. Lets get a flood of completely worthless apps like Android has because ANY ONE with a PC can compile an APP and has NO financial incentive to do something useful. Apple does this for a very good reason. To keep out the rift raft.
I don't really care about the app market, I have code that I used on my Android phones for my job. It would be nice to not have to drop $1000 just to port it over to my iPhone.

You are right, you really are jaded. You definitely could use a better attitude towards other people's opinions.

You are right, you really are jaded. You definitely could use a better attitude towards other people's opinions.

Don't mistake what I type as my attitude or assume you know my tone. I did that very tongue in check to get a simple point across. Your opinion and mine are worthless in the grand scheme of things. Now if you want to get done to brass tax and use only facts, I can do that. In fact I will be happy to edit out the sarcasm and leave only the facts behind. The only issue is your response will still be an opinion. I was trying to avoid that very condition.

Status
Not open for further replies.