What's new

IOS vs Android

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow. This thread has really blown up lol. I was going to put my two cents into the mix after reading the original post. But after reading the full discussion all my points have been covered by someone else, and alot of other good points have been made. Making my two cents seem like chump change (ha ha I made a funny!) this thread has really educated me. Thanks guys for the info!

Recently coming from android I will say I like them both but ios more. I love how you can customize android but after a while it gets old and you just want a stable and smooth running phone but from looking a ios5 apple should close that gap. Not to mention the battery life I get out of my iphone. Droid x didn't come close.

I am user of iPad and HTC Desire. Android and iOS are booth very good, but iOS is better, because android is very laggy and slow.

PrettySweetie said:
I am user of iPad and HTC Desire. Android and iOS are booth very good, but iOS is better, because android is very laggy and slow.

Is that the HTC Inspire? That's the phone that I have, but it is often called HTC Desire HD. But my phone works fine, it doesn't lag at all. As a matter of fact I did a speed test on it; the download speed was 6428 Kbps, upload speed 1105 Kbps. I think te download speed was pretty good. But like you said still I like iOS better. I use to have an iPhone 4, but I'm looking to get the iPhone 5... Or what ever they will name it.

PrettySweetie said:

Is that the HTC Inspire? That's the phone that I have, but it is often called HTC Desire HD. But my phone works fine, it doesn't lag at all. As a matter of fact I did a speed test on it; the download speed was 6428 Kbps, upload speed 1105 Kbps. I think te download speed was pretty good. But like you said still I like iOS better. I use to have an iPhone 4, but I'm looking to get the iPhone 5... Or what ever they will name it.

My phone - HTC Desire not Desire HD
Internet connection on it is very good, but interface sometimes slow

As I stated in my intro, I am an Android user (HTC Thunderbolt Verizon) and this is my first smartphone, my last phone being an LG Dare.

My friend has an iPhone (my brother, too) which I find quite interesting, and I may want to change, esp after the next gen iPhone comes to Verizon...

Aside from the iPhone being slightly smaller and somewhat lighter, can any former Android user tell me a number of bullet points why they feel the iPhone is better???...you know that the flaws of a product only show up after you have bought it, so I am seeking the positives (and negatives) of the iPhone vs the Android...my TBolt also has 4G, and I do not know what the next iPhone will be...

Lastly, and I appreciate any info you might share with me, I realize that some folks are simply "Apple or die" people, and that's OK, but I really want substantive pros and cons from those who have compared (or owned) the Android and abandoned it for the iPhone and were blown away by the Apple...

Emotions are OK, but I seek real data, if you catch my drift...:):):):):)

Last edited:
marsha7 said:
As I stated in my intro, I am an Android user (HTC Thunderbolt Verizon) and this is my first smartphone, my last phone being an LG Dare.

My friend has an iPhone (my brother, too) which I find quite interesting, and I may want to change, esp after the next gen iPhone comes to Verizon...

Aside from the iPhone being slightly smaller and somewhat lighter, can any former Android user tell me a number of bullet points why they feel the iPhone is better???...you know that the flaws of a product only show up after you have bought it, so I am seeking the positives (and negatives) of the iPhone vs the Android...my TBolt also has 4G, and I do not know what the next iPhone will be...

Lastly, and I appreciate any info you might share with me, I realize that some folks are simply "Apple or die" people, and that's OK, but I really want substantive pros and cons from those who have compared (or owned) the Android and abandoned it for the iPhone and were blown away by the Apple...

Emotions are OK, but I seek real data, if you catch my drift...:):):):):)

Marsha, iCrank has cover the details about iOS. How ever owned a iPhone 4, and now have the HTC Inspire 4G. The Inspire is nice and I like Android, although not at first. But it began to grown on me. Some of the biggest features I enjoy about Android is the openness. You can do what ever you want with it, I like that it supports flash also, and most of the apps are free. But it pretty much ends there. Android has to many variation which makes it hard to get updates in a timely manner. The update have to be tailor made for each device, things like the screen resolution, internal memory makes the difference. And most of all the batteries are mediocre at best, unless you have one of the high end models, but even then it wouldn't matter because to much is constantly happening in the back ground.

The iPhone is universally compatible with almost all media devices, and it's just plain simple to use. The iPhone 4 had great battery life, the apps are better too. Multimedia on the iPhone is much a better experience than on Android. I tried to download a movie to my Android phone and had issues, plus the screen resolution wasn't all that good. Downloading music is simple, videos, and movies in HD! There are less steps involved when using your phone to accomplish task. When Apple says you'll get an update on such and such a day, it's available that day. However iPhone isn't open at all. You can only customize it as much as Apple will let you, meaning through apps or a few options in setting. The iPhone doesn't support flash, and the iPhone 5 may not support 4G LTE. I also think in some cases the sound or speaker should have higher sound volume. But that's about it for me, I prefer the iPhone over Android at this point.

Just read the comments made by Skull One, and iCrank, they will help you out a lot.

my sister just bought the htc inspire 4g. im not impressed. I set the phone up for her and I can say I love the display and the screen size but i do not like android...I couldnt go back to it...

iCrank said:
my sister just bought the htc inspire 4g. im not impressed. I set the phone up for her and I can say I love the display and the screen size but i do not like android...I couldnt go back to it...

I feel you. But it's not that bad, but I have made my decision to go back with iOS. Really it's been that since the beginning. I wonder what the next iPhone will look like?

iCrank said:

I feel you. But it's not that bad, but I have made my decision to go back with iOS. Really it's been that since the beginning. I wonder what the next iPhone will look like?

we will see in a few months

I wonder if iOS 5 and the new iPhone will help Apple catch up with Android. Android has 41.8% market share in the US, and 52% Global market share. iOS has 26% US market share and 18.2 Global market share according to Digital Home article written by Don Reisinger. Here's the link... http://www.cnet.com/profile/
I wonder if this concerns Apple?

p3unit32 said:
I wonder if iOS 5 and the new iPhone will help Apple catch up with Android. Android has 41.8% market share in the US, and 52% Global market share. iOS has 26% US market share and 18.2 Global market share according to Digital Home article written by Don Reisinger. Here's the link... http://www.cnet.com/profile/
I wonder if this concerns Apple?

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13506_3-20099694-17/android-nabs-41-percent-share-in-u.s-study-finds/ here another link, the first one doesn't work. My bad.

That analytical debate is actually kind of funny. Saying Android owns 52% of the market doesn't really mean anything. Lets put this in perspective.

2011 top 5 selling smart phones phones during Q2, via NPD’s Mobile Phone Track service:
  1. Apple iPhone 4
  2. Apple iPhone 3GS
  3. HTC EVO 4G
  4. HTC Inspire 4G
  5. Samsung INTENSITYII
BTW, if you check the yearly numbers, an iPhone has been the top selling phone for the last 3.5 calendar years and for the last 18 months the iPhone has held the top 2 spots.

Now how many Android phones did it take to get that 52%? 170+ made by 32 different manufactures. Hmmm.... I guess if your flood the market with enough low cost devices, someone is bound to buy it. Apple on the other hand doesn't seem to have that issue. They only have used 5 versions of the iPhone to get to 18.2%. OH and the iPhone 5 will be the first truly global iPhone released. I wonder how Androids number are going to do once that happens?

Status
Not open for further replies.