What's new

IOS vs Android

Status
Not open for further replies.
megalosdog said:
Yeah it's fun for awhile but then it's like: I just want something that works without having to tweak it all the time. I have flashed roms and kernels on all my different android phones in the past and for every gain there was a loss to go with it. I mean there aren't too awful but they always let you down. Besides, average consumers don't want to fool around with all that rooting and roms crap.

Rooting and flashing was fun back when Android was new and fresh. Now that it's kinda been around for a while, it has gotten old, especially if you had an Android device during the Hero and G1 days like I did. Now I just want a solid interface and none of the kinks that comes with Android and its fragmented and open interface. Not hating on Android now. I will always have love for Android but my fascination for it has passed.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

megalosdog said:
@ quicksilver....iOS has some minor issues but nothing like android and that's a fact....why are you even a moderator here? All you do is back up android and point out the very few flaws iOS has. I heard android central was hiring to write reviews on junk phone after junk phone

Think we ld appreciate the excellent work the mods do in her, i'm not sucking but i having done the job elsewhere so i know it us very hard thankless work.

i prefer discussion laced with other peoples pov, so to me quicksilvers input while i'm not ever likely to go android is both valuable and very welcome, we don't need to own a Nissan Skyline to appreciate or discuss one.

crowd pleaser said:
Think we need to appreciate the excellent work the mods do in here, i'm not sucking but i having done the job elsewhere so i know it us very hard thankless work.

i prefer discussion laced with other peoples pov, so to me quicksilvers input while i'm not ever likely to go android is both valuable and very welcome, we don't need to own a Nissan Skyline to appreciate or discuss one.

Edit typos

I just switched from Galaxy S2 to iPhone 4S. I love how much more quality apps and the stability of iOS. I get force closes, freezes and auto shutdown on all of 3 of my android phones occasionally. Battery life on Galaxy S2 seems better than iPhone 4S, but not by much. Only down side for 4S is the small screen that I can't use it as long as the 4.3 in screen on SGS2. I wouldn't go back to Android until they catch up with the apps and stability. iPhone 4S already has best 8MP camera, best graphics chip, best audio quality in smartphones and build quality.

nraudigy2 said:
I just switched from Galaxy S2 to iPhone 4S. I love how much more quality apps and the stability of iOS. I get force closes, freezes and auto shutdown on all of 3 of my android phones occasionally. Battery life on Galaxy S2 seems better than iPhone 4S, but not by much. Only down side for 4S is the small screen that I can't use it as long as the 4.3 in screen on SGS2. I wouldn't go back to Android until they catch up with the apps and stability. iPhone 4S already has best 8MP camera, best graphics chip, best audio quality in smartphones and build quality.

You said a mouth full when you made mention of the apps quality and stability! Not to mention the freezes, force closes (which happens on iOS too) but not as bad. You also stated the auto shutdowns, I could almost look pass that, but the poor quality of the apps, and the instability of the OS just wasn't going to cut it! I had to which back mainly for those two reasons (poor apps, and unstable OS).

Auto shutdown is common on the LG G2X and auto reboot happens to all my android phones. Yeah, apps are very buggy. They will work good with some phones and won't on some phones. Another disadvantage for SGS2 is I can't feel vibration when inside my pocket. Maybe because of the lightweight or too weak of a vibrator.

I switched from the Droid X to the Iphone 4. Haven't looked back, and will NEVER look back. Apple is just that more stable with their iOS software. Applications run smoother, games run smoother, more variety, iPod sounds better than Android music player, and might I add the options you have for accessories? The really neat fact I find about that iPhone is that, there is only One of each iphone series. There are like 20+ different Android phones. So accessories such as cases, and bumpers, are limited for each one. Iphone, there is an endless library it seems. Everyday I find a new thing about the iPhone. Stability being the most important issue for me, I find the Android software to be loaded with bloatware from the get go. I rooted mine, with Gingerbread + Liberty, and froze all the bloatware on it. Even then, battery life was horrid, apps froze/crashed, and the phone would restart out of no where. I have NEVER had a force restart on my iPhone....yet. VERY impressed with iOS. Now I see what the hype is about Apple products...and it's true. They are better...if you're willing to pay the Apple Tax :D

I dont mean any disrespect but android is a mess, and everyone knows it. My point is, why be a mod on an iphone forum when you are clearly bias to android? I value an opinion when it's backed by some fact.

An opinion isn't an opinion if it's a fact...then it would be a fact.

Anywho, I agree. Android is a mess. At least Motoblur, and Gingerbread is. Heck, even my Droid X rooted, bloatware frozed, and CPU overlocked to 1.2ghz, it still didn't function as well as my 1ghz Ihpone 4. Sad...sad indeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.