What's new

IOS vs Android

Status
Not open for further replies.
dfloyyd said:
Hi guys,

I've used both, but not used iOS since my iPhone 3G (iOS 3? - believe i tried updating to iOS4 but it was already pushing the phone's limits) I'm ready to come back to the iPhone now, especially since Notifications have been revamped and the voice commands implemented. I just have a couple questions and I thought this might be an appropriate thread to address them in.

1.) Sharing: I've come to love the sharing feature on android, and I'm wondering how it's implemented on iOS. ex: If i want to put a link up on facebook, archive a website into evernote how do i get it there? Is it just copy url & paste into another app, or is there a means to "share" via safari now?

2.) ....

well I guess I only had the one question!!!!!!

Thanks for any legitimate responses!!

As far as posting a link on Facebook, you'll have to copy and paste it.

dfloyyd said:
Hi guys,

I've used both, but not used iOS since my iPhone 3G (iOS 3? - believe i tried updating to iOS4 but it was already pushing the phone's limits) I'm ready to come back to the iPhone now, especially since Notifications have been revamped and the voice commands implemented. I just have a couple questions and I thought this might be an appropriate thread to address them in.

1.) Sharing: I've come to love the sharing feature on android, and I'm wondering how it's implemented on iOS. ex: If i want to put a link up on facebook, archive a website into evernote how do i get it there? Is it just copy url & paste into another app, or is there a means to "share" via safari now?

2.) ....

well I guess I only had the one question!!!!!!

Thanks for any legitimate responses!!

I also have Evernote, never really used it yet. But I pull up a website on safari on my iPad 2, and copied the URL went to Evernote and pasted the URL on the page I created. I opened the page and it worked. Hope this helps, and perhaps those with more knowledge than I will help as well.

For those of you saying android's are laggy...stock maybe so, but the whole fun of android is customization! A rooted android phone with a custom rom and or kernel, done in the right way is extremely fast, much faster than any iPhone I have ever owned. If you want stock then apple is probably the better way to go...it really depends on the user and what they want.

I use to be an android user and I tell you what iPhones are the best. just love the operating system batt last me all day and my htc Evo was a batt killer.

CC268 said:
For those of you saying android's are laggy...stock maybe so, but the whole fun of android is customization! A rooted android phone with a custom rom and or kernel, done in the right way is extremely fast, much faster than any iPhone I have ever owned. If you want stock then apple is probably the better way to go...it really depends on the user and what they want.

Been there done that. I had my htc Evo rooted and it wasn't much of a diff. Like you said it depends what you want. I'm glad a did the switch.

I also came from android, I honestly have to say when i 1st bought my android i hated it from the day i bought it. I went through 3 phones the 1st week cause i thought it was the phone and not the system. Very unstable, sometimes the thing would jump around to different screens for no reason. I try to make a phone call when i need to only to have to pull the battery out and restart the phone in order for it to work first. I have had cell phones since 1992 and that phone was the worst i have ever owned. Android does not have set hardware for there design, their are hundreds of phones out there that all try to do something they are incapable of doing. So with that said when there is an update to fix something it takes forever to get it because of so many different devices, and some devices won't get the update at all because they are older and not supported any more.

The day i bought my iphone 4s i was at the mall and needed to look something up on the internet. Needless to say it would not work for me at all. I had to pull the battery and restart the phone. I stopped my shopping and drove directly over to the verizon store since i knew the new Iphones were being released that day. Once inside i talked to the tech about my problems and even though he was pro android he did tell me with my unhappyness with android, going to the iphone with iOS would be a good move for me. You know he was totaly right. From the 1st day i love this phone. I went from a unstable phone to one that does what i want and when i want it done. I have yet to shut off this phone to restart it because of system being loaded up with what ever it gets loaded up with. I guess that was my number 1 goal, get a phone that is there for when i want to do somthing important on it. The IPhone has my support all the way after this. The only way anyone is gona get my iphone from me is to pry it out of my cold dead hands cause im not giving up on this one.

Last edited:
megalosdog said:
Yeah it's fun for awhile but then it's like: I just want something that works without having to tweak it all the time. I have flashed roms and kernels on all my different android phones in the past and for every gain there was a loss to go with it. I mean there aren't too awful but they always let you down. Besides, average consumers don't want to fool around with all that rooting and roms crap.

Yeah' I was one of them! That why that phone was on eBay, and on its way to..... Well you get the picture, someone else bought it. I'm glad to, I didn't even want it as a backup.

Yeah it's fun for awhile but then it's like: I just want something that works without having to tweak it all the time. I have flashed roms and kernels on all my different android phones in the past and for every gain there was a loss to go with it. I mean there aren't too awful but they always let you down. Besides, average consumers don't want to fool around with all that rooting and roms crap.

Yea that's understanble, although there are roms that are really stable and will last you a long time, but I see where your coming from

Been there done that. I had my htc Evo rooted and it wasn't much of a diff. Like you said it depends what you want. I'm glad a did the switch.

Didn't do it right, or didn't do its to its potential, I have seen some pretty sweet Evo's and battery lastest 30+ hours...but yea it takes a lot of time and experience to know how to set them up the right way, so its understanble, I wouldn't mind having the iphone myself

Well, you got to remember that this guy had his phone for about a month. I could have had any new/gently used iPhone for a month and not had any problems with it. Anyways, I've had the iPhone, iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, and an iPhone 4 (on a 4S now) I've had all for over a year each and had no problems. Don't know about Android, but iOS devices are very good for at least over a years usage.



Actually I just picked up an iPhone 4 and I have already experienced keyboard lag and the browser froze on me while trying to close a tab. The only fix was a reboot. And that was only in the first few hours of using the phone.

Long story short both platforms has their problems.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Quicksilver7714 said:
Actually I just picked up an iPhone 4 and I have already experienced keyboard lag and the browser froze on me while trying to close a tab. The only fix was a reboot. And that was only in the first few hours of using the phone.

Long story short both platforms has their problems.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

That's odd, I've never had any of those problems in the past four years.



haha I would probably get an iPhone just for the looks and sweet cases. That is one thing I have always hated about android's is the case selection is just plain garbage.

CC268 said:
haha I would probably get an iPhone just for the looks and sweet cases. That is one thing I have always hated about android's is the case selection is just plain garbage.

Lol! There not that bad.

My Android's experience was ok, nuh mediocre. I guess if I had learned to root things would have been different. In android.net forum I was told I should get a stock, vanilla android phone. It peeked my interest, but I just wasn't sure about it. I had to get another iPhone though. Maybe I'll play with the nexus when it's released to see how the UI works. But I'm plenty satisfied with my iPhone 4S, and may put it on eBay if the iPhone 5 proves to be irresistible.

Just a piece of advice to the OP, if you want some good unbiased opinion don't post on an apple forum...obviously responses are geared towards Apple devices. I posted mine, not on either side I think both devices are great, but no point in expressing a full opinion on both devices as I will just be flamed when it comes to android.

Status
Not open for further replies.