What's new

iOS apps vs. Android apps

Okay, apps are pretty close and similar. I have a feeling apps run way better on an iPhone? I have had several Androids, and witnessed to many to count force closes, reboots, and frozen screens. Can I expect a more polished experience? I hope so, I am tired of bugs, and having to "manage" my phone to get it to operate well. I am ready for something OTB that plain and simple, works well.

That is exactly why I switched from Android to iOS. And I have not been disappointed for one minute. Do I miss widgets and Swype, heck yes. Do I miss the missed calls, the wrong ringtone playing when someone calls, the video recordings that have skips because the CPU is to busy dealing with a misbehaved app? No. Not for one second.

Okay, apps are pretty close and similar. I have a feeling apps run way better on an iPhone? I have had several Androids, and witnessed to many to count force closes, reboots, and frozen screens. Can I expect a more polished experience? I hope so, I am tired of bugs, and having to "manage" my phone to get it to operate well. I am ready for something OTB that plain and simple, works well.

That is exactly why I switched from Android to iOS. And I have not been disappointed for one minute. Do I miss widgets and Swype, heck yes. Do I miss the missed calls, the wrong ringtone playing when someone calls, the video recordings that have skips because the CPU is to busy dealing with a misbehaved app? No. Not for one second.

I agree with you 100%! I went from the iPhone 3G to 3GS to iPhone 4. For some stupid reason I got bored & switched to the Samsung Captivate. Wow, what a buggy phone that was. I blame Android. Way too many force closes, lockups, reboots.....I play Words With Friends a lot & it would take forever to update or wouldn't load my game or would crash all the time. It never does that on the iPhone. So I switched to the Motorola Bravo. That phone was even worse, so I switched to the Motorola Atrix. Thought that would be a good phone after reading all the reviews & the great specs. Not! Needless to say, I am back to the iPhone 4 & couldn't be happier. Android is just way too buggy. iOS just works! It's smooth & my apps don't lock up on me all the time & the phone doesn't crash if I have too much running in the background. Words With Friends updates and doesn't lock up or crash. Games are much better on iOS too. I will never go back to Android again!! Ever!! Oh, and the touch screen is way more responsive on iOS than any Android phones I had. I do miss swype, but I'm getting over it pretty quick now that I have a stable phone.

Last edited:
newcomerip said:
i think android has the support of Google, so it will hold a large market share for years to come. App for android will increase day by day in the future. I feel that programming on Android OS is more and more popular. So, Android OS is better, it's my own opinion

All technology increases day by day. Let's see how the Android market compares next year. Its a unstable platform alongside the android companies bc of the openness.

newcomerip said:
i think android has the support of Google....

Of course google supports Android... Google made Android! Lol.

Actually, Google didn't make Android. Android Inc made the original OS that is in use today. Google bought Android Inc two years after the Android OS was created. Google then launched, two years after that acquisition, the Open Handset Alliance and Android Open Source Project to combat iOS.

Google is actually an infant in the OS field. Which is why Android OS is having so many growing pains. Andy Rubins original design didn't account for the OHAs diverse nature in hardware specs.

Skull One said:
Actually, Google didn't make Android. Android Inc made the original OS that is in use today. Google bought Android Inc two years after the Android OS was created. Google then launched, two years after that acquisition, the Open Handset Alliance and Android Open Source Project to combat iOS.

Google is actually an infant in the OS field. Which is why Android OS is having so many growing pains. Andy Rubins original design didn't account for the OHAs diverse nature in hardware specs.

My apologies. I should have said owned. :D

yes there is lot of difference but what is the use of having so manny applications because you half of them are just waste ... Android is growing fast but then again old application's demand gets reduced.