What's new

opinions on Android phones vs iPhone

Do you think all Android phones are generic and boring with all similar features?

• Yes, I believe this is very true.

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Yes, but I think the odd Android phone has some uniqueness to itself

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, Android phones have many different features across each phone, they are unique too.

Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters

voodoochild16

Reaction score
Hi all,
So I don't want to start a flaming wars thread on Android vs iPhones, and I clearly like Apple more than those competitors, though I wanted people to answer a poll for me to see what their opinion on Android phones was.

This is a question on uniqueness, because I notice theres so many Android phones out there, and most of them have all the same features. Clearly the iPhone has it's own unique OS, and there's only one company using it in one phone, the iPhone.

So anyways, my question would be to you guys, do you guys think that Android phones are all generic and non-unique?.

I'll think of more questions to choose in the poll. Please do not flame in this thread, just be nice, thanks.

(I might not have set the best poll options but I did the best I could for the 2 mins i took to create this thread.)

If anything it's Apple's phones that are generic. I haven't had an Android for a long time but they certainly aren't boring. Generally the manufacturer will put their own spin on the android software so although they're similar they're all unique in their own way.

If anything it's Apple's phones that are generic. I haven't had an Android for a long time but they certainly aren't boring. Generally the manufacturer will put their own spin on the android software so although they're similar they're all unique in their own way.

I remember using the Galaxy and then the Galaxy S by Samsung. The Galaxy was very slow and not very useable. The Galaxy S was fast and what not, but things didn't really start to change for Samsung until they released the phones they have today, with the Note 4 having facial recognition, then the tendency to blow up or ignite a fire with a huge recall :).

Anyways, I think for a company to offer a phone with the ability to do something you can't do on an iPhone like install any software you want, hence the ability to use a jailbroken phone out of the box and do what you want with it is unique.

But my true belief will always remain the same, which is the iPhone came out before the Android, and according to this, the HTC Dream (the very first Android phone), came out 1 year after the first iPhone.

I recall reading something about Steve Jobs coming up with the idea of the first touch screen phone, but I can't find the source for that. I think what ever comes first is the winner in originality. But in the end, we all have a choice between what we want.

Hi all,
So I don't want to start a flaming wars thread on Android vs iPhones, and I clearly like Apple more than those competitors, though I wanted people to answer a poll for me to see what their opinion on Android phones was.

This is a question on uniqueness, because I notice theres so many Android phones out there, and most of them have all the same features. Clearly the iPhone has it's own unique OS, and there's only one company using it in one phone, the iPhone.

So anyways, my question would be to you guys, do you guys think that Android phones are all generic and non-unique?.

I'll think of more questions to choose in the poll. Please do not flame in this thread, just be nice, thanks.

(I might not have set the best poll options but I did the best I could for the 2 mins i took to create this thread.)

There won't be any flame wars. I don't know (or care) how other sites work, but the policy here is that people are entitled to their opinions, and we will answer questions as best we are able to. The group has Android forums, and if a member is better served by visiting one of them we will gladly supply the URL.

iPhones are good for people who want iPhones and I'm sure Android phones have the same benefits. There isn't (IMO) any crossover. I like Mac computers. You couldn't pay me enough to buy a Windows machine. Horses for courses.

Coming on to your actual question: after 7 years of iPhone use, I know nothing about Android phones, and neither do I wish to find out. The odd time I've found myself with an Android phone in my possession, I've been confused and been glad to get rid of it. I suspect the same would be true of an Android user who is suddenly faced with an iPhone.

I didn't vote in your poll, because I don't consider that I know enough about the subject matter.

There won't be any flame wars. I don't know (or care) how other sites work, but the policy here is that people are entitled to their opinions, and we will answer questions as best we are able to. The group has Android forums, and if a member is better served by visiting one of them we will gladly supply the URL.

iPhones are good for people who want iPhones and I'm sure Android phones have the same benefits. There isn't (IMO) any crossover. I like Mac computers. You couldn't pay me enough to buy a Windows machine. Horses for courses.

Coming on to your actual question: after 7 years of iPhone use, I know nothing about Android phones, and neither do I wish to find out. The odd time I've found myself with an Android phone in my possession, I've been confused and been glad to get rid of it. I suspect the same would be true of an Android user who is suddenly faced with an iPhone.

I didn't vote in your poll, because I don't consider that I know enough about the subject matter.

Thanks for your opinion. I am only seeking opinion, thats all. Thanks again.

I had Android phones for years and I feel they are all unique to the manufactures. Each manufacture has a completely different take on Android OS. When I switched to IPhone it was not that hard to learn everything and actually a very enjoyable experience. I personally like how everything is solid and runs smoothly and it is all the same across each device that Apple has.

I had Android phones for years and I feel they are all unique to the manufactures. Each manufacture has a completely different take on Android OS. When I switched to IPhone it was not that hard to learn everything and actually a very enjoyable experience. I personally like how everything is solid and runs smoothly and it is all the same across each device that Apple has.
That's the beauty of Apple (and the vision of the iPhone from Steve Jobs)

When the first iPhone was released in 2007, Jobs specifically talked about his vision of what a smartphone should be. An intuitive device that requires no learning curve. You just know how to use it, out of the box.

Notice iPhone don't come with bulky user manuals?

Yes!!, same as me :). I just have this idea stuck in my head and I almost dont want to spend my money on those big name company phones which are almost all the same. Apple is one, all in one.

That's the beauty of Apple (and the vision of the iPhone from Steve Jobs)

When the first iPhone was released in 2007, Jobs specifically talked about his vision of what a smartphone should be. An intuitive device that requires no learning curve. You just know how to use it, out of the box.

Notice iPhone don't come with bulky user manuals?

Yeah, thats also a great reason. None of the other smartphone companys had an inspirational CEO that had a great connection with it's fans, and a vision.

Other than, I can't say I hate Android, the only thing I value is the ability to do what you want. If I was to buy another Android, I would go with Google's Pixel phone, because that company has a lot more meaning than the rest of the copycat android phone makers.

I had android phones for ever then I bought an iPhone 5s so I was running a note 4 and a 5s at the same time to me the android os is more customisable than the iPhone but 99.9% of the apps on android are on iOS so for me as an iPad user and the best part of my family are on iPhone so it works better for me every brand of android phone is different as there own os by brand but 99% of the brands are **** with updates where apple are loads better with how Oder they update the and for me that is better as it makes it more reliable

I started on Android and didn't convert to iPhone until the 4 came out. I was very anti-Apple in the beginning. My Androids always slowed down and sluggish over time though. I finally got frustrated to the point that I decided to try the iPhone 4. My iPhone 4 worked the same the entire time I had it (2 years). It never got slower or bogged down, etc. So I stayed and now I have iEverything.

Yes, my 4S is 5-1/2 years old and still works great as a phone, Internet browser, game console (the games I put on back then), media player, camera etc.

I can't imagine an Android phone that old being worth using for anything.

My 5S is 3 years old and still absolutely fantastic. In fact I am on the forum with it right now. There are a lot of advantages to the iUniverse