What's new

Pros and cons of jailbreaking?

i have not jb my phone its fine the way it is! i come on this forum everyday and every other thread is some sort of problem with jb!!!

Pro..

you can really customise your phone and get apps that apple will never enable like bluetooth send/receive and have full access to your iphone with openSSH..

you get apps like sbsettings and 3 u restrictor that just make life easier and make the iphone experience better.

jailbreakers usually get apps months before apple add it.. the first iphone you had to jailbreak in order to get mms or even have a wallpaper on your phone or lock screen pic... look how long it took apple to add such simple features when jailbreakers where enjoying it since 2007 and officially it was not there until ios 4.0 most of it...

ok mms and copy/paste we saw in 2.0 but thats still almost half a year.

the possibilites of jailbreaking are endless and is worth doing it..

Cons

people are scared if you jailbreak you lose your warranty or "brick" the phone or dont understand the difference in jailbreak and unlock and often pay for tools that dont work with the firmware they promise and they blame jailbreaking in general when they are scammed and end up with 10000 problems.

some times you get charged for a cydia app and the dev does not port it to newer firmware or he just runs off with the money like meDevil did.. its never certain that a dev will port the app no matter how much you like it free or pay for though usually another better app comes along to replace it..

some cydia apps like winterboard will decrease battery life.

cant think of any other cons..

more info on jailbreaking can be found here http://mygreatfest.net/

Very well said Unleashed.
Some times pictures are more talkative than writens, so here i load some for friend to see the pros while Unleashed already mentioned all the cons
1- jailbreak to enable theming and more:
ade71d1b-dbf5-2f79.jpg
ade71d1b-dc06-cc8b.jpg
ade71d1b-dc16-8408.jpg
ade71d1b-dc28-1cc8.jpg
ade71d1b-dc38-5cc7.jpg
ade71d1b-dc54-d538.jpg
ade71d1b-dc6a-d01e.jpg

2-jailbreak for better sms thread emoticons, notifications etc...

3-jailbreak to have full managment on the call log:
ade71d1b-dd02-18b5.jpg
ade71d1b-dd0e-e846.jpg
ade71d1b-dd1b-d59c.jpg

4-jailbreak to have a better youtube application which allow native videos download and more:
ade71d1b-dd51-02f3.jpg
ade71d1b-dd5f-182c.jpg
ade71d1b-dd70-b183.jpg
ade71d1b-dd80-a347.jpg
ade71d1b-dd8d-74a3.jpg
ade71d1b-dd9a-e4a5.jpg

5-jailbreak to have a better photo album easy to handle and to share with social networks:
ade71d1b-ddf2-355e.jpg
ade71d1b-de01-8611.jpg
ade71d1b-de12-5d87.jpg
ade71d1b-de24-234a.jpg
ade71d1b-de33-f805.jpg
ade71d1b-de4b-4a56.jpg
ade71d1b-de5a-d1bb.jpg
ade71d1b-de6a-621a.jpg
ade71d1b-de79-b106.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6-jailbreak to be able to screen download softwares, files and better managment of safari browser and more:
ade71d1b-df07-1f47.jpg
ade71d1b-df15-b7ef.jpg
ade71d1b-df23-b581.jpg
ade71d1b-df32-fc2a.jpg
ade71d1b-df41-68df.jpg
ade71d1b-df4e-6bf5.jpg
ade71d1b-df5a-9afe.jpg
ade71d1b-df67-7ce8.jpg

And many many other great apps and tweaks i forget to mention here.

nice pics..

b3889c38.jpg

5bd3d152.jpg

0465923e.jpg

62840c46.jpg

or even video wallpapers (but they really decrease battery life)

13763242.jpg

405fb2a6.jpg

apps like sbsettings where you can easily toggle 3g...etc

IMG_0193.png

change slide to unlock to anything you want and wifi name.. or even icon

IMG_0190.png

send files with bluetooth.,,,

IMG_0197.png

IMG_0196.png

barrel..

IMG_0191.png

freesync where you can use itunes as it syncs

FreeSync.png

Last edited:
Ah one bad con about jailbreak is when you do it once and use it for a good while, you will hardly agree to use a jail iphone. Just like me, i will never ever use a jail iphone, i better not use an iphone then, serious :)

Unleashed: good themes and great must have iphone apps. Very good.

Ah one bad con about jailbreak is when you do it once and use it for a good while, you will hardly agree to use a jail iphone. Just like me, i will never ever use a jail iphone, i better not use an iphone then, serious :)

thats true, it puts you off upgrading firmwares until there is a new jailbreak.

i like your pics. and the add on for safari where you can download files i like and have that one also

thats true, it puts you off upgrading firmwares until there is a new jailbreak.

i like your pics. and the add on for safari where you can download files i like and have that one also

Acrually it's a must have tweak which apple will never allow to originaly include in the iOS. All other phones out there download everything and anything from internet except the jail iphone. If it wasn't the dev team... What will i do with a powerfull iPhone4? 100 thanks to the dev team BTW.

yeah some things they do end up adding but these few tweaks we know apple will never in a million years add it

hey unleashed question. what the best app for sending files thru blueetooth.. i just jb my phone so i'm learning.