What's new

Lifeproof case

I would email them again. I emailed them and within 24 hours I got a response. They have very good customer service.

I just got my case and I'm wondering do I need to remove the screen protector already on my phone?

Isn't that case pretty expensive compared to the rest? To bulky for me

It's a lot cheaper then replacing your phone cause it falls in toilet or pool.

Isn't that case pretty expensive compared to the rest? To bulky for me
In reference to replacing the phone no it is not expensive. No other case comes close to this one. And bulky? no not a bit. By far the smallest case for everything it does. Much smaller than the otterbox.

Oh boy, a whole 20 bucks more than the otterbox junk for a waterproof case. Dropped mine from ten feet high the first week I had it. Saved the phone.

Looks a flipping good case this does. Not pledging anything though lol I'll just see if they actually do start making production of this case. If not I might pinch the idea lol

I've had mine for 4 weeks and haven't had a problem with it at all. I did leave my screen protector on the front and on the back and that made the built one stand way out. I took the back one off and it was fine. I took the privacy one off the front yesterday and put it on the built In one. I haven't gotten any scratches on the built it one but I like the privacy protectors anyways. Haven't noticed any loss of sensitivity on the screen by doing so.

Yes it's a lil pricy but it's better than paying for and otter box that isn't water proof and eventually not get used since it's so bulky. I wear 527 Levi's and have no problem getting the phone outta my pocket.

My biggest pet peeve is the fuzzy case syndrome and Life Proof case does not do this.

Yes he charger port is too small. But use a dremel tool and slightly shave off a lil on your other cables. Slightly annoying but curable in just a few minutes.

I've had mine for 4 weeks and haven't had a problem with it at all. I did leave my screen protector on the front and on the back and that made the built one stand way out. I took the back one off and it was fine. I took the privacy one off the front yesterday and put it on the built In one. I haven't gotten any scratches on the built it one but I like the privacy protectors anyways. Haven't noticed any loss of sensitivity on the screen by doing so.

Yes it's a lil pricy but it's better than paying for and otter box that isn't water proof and eventually not get used since it's so bulky. I wear 527 Levi's and have no problem getting the phone outta my pocket.

My biggest pet peeve is the fuzzy case syndrome and Life Proof case does not do this.

Yes he charger port is too small. But use a dremel tool and slightly shave off a lil on your other cables. Slightly annoying but curable in just a few minutes.

Could also just get the dock extender for like $20.
I just got the replacement cover and it seems to be a much better fit. Took a little longer to get the mic to not sound fuzzy but seems ok

Can someone please explain the screen protector to me if it is a plastic cover. As I understand it the cover sits just above the screen. So does this cause trouble typing? Will the LP plastic screen grow cloudy over time. How about the corners of the screen where the normal send and cancel buttons are. Does it affect these?

zipur said:
Can someone please explain the screen protector to me if it is a plastic cover. As I understand it the cover sits just above the screen. So does this cause trouble typing? Will the LP plastic screen grow cloudy over time. How about the corners of the screen where the normal send and cancel buttons are. Does it affect these?

The screen protector is a plastic material. Cloudy over time I don't know but they have it available to where you could buy the front and back separate if you need. It doesnt effect typing any different than an otterbox. However there is a thin strip on the back of the protector on the sides that you can remove that will almost take away the bubble effect completely. But the bubble effect is actually intentional. It's supposed to cushion a hit to the screen. I did this and I have no problem at all with any point in the screen even along all the sides. Some have complained about the screen protector scratching or being blurry. If you want you could always put an antiglare protector on the outside of the case. I put a privacy protector on the outside and the screen sensitivity is still the same.

escalade6103 said:
The screen protector is a plastic material. Cloudy over time I don't know but they have it available to where you could buy the front and back separate if you need. It doesnt effect typing any different than an otterbox. However there is a thin strip on the back of the protector on the sides that you can remove that will almost take away the bubble effect completely. But the bubble effect is actually intentional. It's supposed to cushion a hit to the screen. I did this and I have no problem at all with any point in the screen even along all the sides. Some have complained about the screen protector scratching or being blurry. If you want you could always put an antiglare protector on the outside of the case. I put a privacy protector on the outside and the screen sensitivity is still the same.

Are you sure? It just doesn't make sense to me that it could protect and be finger friendly with the send button in the upper right. I guess it is amazing. I think I'll order on to make sure.