What's new

Lifeproof case

So my husband ordered this case and he just didn't like it...he changed his mind, like most people to do. He sent Lifeproof an email requesting a return over a week ago and has not had a response at all. He has also attempted to call them several times and he keeps getting a recording saying that all reps are helping other customers and to leave a message. I have also called them a few times and left messages, and again no response. So, they obviously have no problem filling your order and taking your money but if you decide to return it...forget it!!! Beware people!

htowngirl said:
So my husband ordered this case and he just didn't like it...he changed his mind, like most people to do. He sent Lifeproof an email requesting a return over a week ago and has not had a response at all. He has also attempted to call them several times and he keeps getting a recording saying that all reps are helping other customers and to leave a message. I have also called them a few times and left messages, and again no response. So, they obviously have no problem filling your order and taking your money but if you decide to return it...forget it!!! Beware people!

Wow that's odd. I've contacted them on two separate issues and both times had prompt resolutions. Wonder what's going on??

This is where I took the thin strip off the inside so it would lay flat on the screen.

Attachments

• $image-850205585.jpg
    $image-850205585.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 684
htowngirl said:

I got through to them, send a email to: [email protected] and tell them you want to return it. Then go to their Facebook account and put a post up that you want to return and sent a email and include your email address so they can look for it.

It's a new company that got rushed when iPhone 4s came out. There are plenty of people on this forum and others that love the product and some that have been able to successfully return it.

escalade6103 said:
The screen protector is a plastic material. Cloudy over time I don't know but they have it available to where you could buy the front and back separate if you need. It doesnt effect typing any different than an otterbox. However there is a thin strip on the back of the protector on the sides that you can remove that will almost take away the bubble effect completely. But the bubble effect is actually intentional. It's supposed to cushion a hit to the screen. I did this and I have no problem at all with any point in the screen even along all the sides. Some have complained about the screen protector scratching or being blurry. If you want you could always put an antiglare protector on the outside of the case. I put a privacy protector on the outside and the screen sensitivity is still the same.

That thin strip that you took out, is it yellow and from the back of the case? If so that was the seal that helps it stay waterproof.

escalade6103 said:
This is where I took the thin strip off the inside so it would lay flat on the screen.

Is that in the front of the case, won't that break the seal for waterproofing?

I had a mirror screen protector so I put that on top, it's heavy enough to stop the bubble and light enough to use the touchscreen.

I bought it like an insurance policy. Verizon wants $9 a month for insurance. Couple that with a $49 charge if you need to use it. This case pays for itself in three months if you have an issue requiring replacement. Not to mention, it is really cool, and allow you to do so much with your phone. Expensive is relative.

Not for the iPhone. Insurance is $10.99 and deductible for 16gig is $169. So it really pays for itself in less than a month.

Lifeproof.com was updated today. All Gen 2 cases ordered from the site going forward will have the update for the ambient light sensor on the 4S. I just ordered mine. I will update everyone on how it works.

What concerns me more than anything still is the screen/air bubble issue. I have read very mixed reviews about this. For every review that says its not a problem there is another saying it's a deal breaker. I've decided the only way to know is to try for myself. If it doesn't work I suppose I can always call and return it (provided they ever start answering their phones again of course).

gooseman187 said:
Lifeproof.com was updated today. All Gen 2 cases ordered from the site going forward will have the update for the ambient light sensor on the 4S. I just ordered mine. I will update everyone on how it works.

What concerns me more than anything still is the screen/air bubble issue. I have read very mixed reviews about this. For every review that says its not a problem there is another saying it's a deal breaker. I've decided the only way to know is to try for myself. If it doesn't work I suppose I can always call and return it (provided they ever start answering their phones again of course).

Remove thin clear strips on these places and there won't be any air bubble effect.

Attachments

• $image-828687349.jpg
    $image-828687349.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 844
I really, really, really liked this case. But I've started having problems. My nephew's case, the bottom where it opens up to charge, cracked. My case, a seam ripped on the rubber on the right hand side. Apperently, this case is not as indestructible as they claim. Very disappointed because I thought this would be my last case for quite some time. Me personally, I've never abused this case, so I'm very disappointed.

scott99 said:
I really, really, really liked this case. But I've started having problems. My nephew's case, the bottom where it opens up to charge, cracked. My case, a seam ripped on the rubber on the right hand side. Apperently, this case is not as indestructible as they claim. Very disappointed because I thought this would be my last case for quite some time. Me personally, I've never abused this case, so I'm very disappointed.

Yeah but did a iPhone get damaged?! Lol