What's new

Lifeproof case

In case any of you are interested the bike mount ($39) and belt clip ($29) are now available for the LifeProof case

My case is holding up pretty well. Like some of you have said, it does not seem as durable as the otterbox. I think I would agree, while it does offer good drop and shock protection, I doubt it is what the otterbox is. But its also a lot thinner and its water proof.
I suppose it all depends on what your needs are. Mines mostly naked, and only goes in a case when I need it to.

microsnook said:
My case is holding up pretty well. Like some of you have said, it does not seem as durable as the otterbox. I think I would agree, while it does offer good drop and shock protection, I doubt it is what the otterbox is. But its also a lot thinner and its water proof.
I suppose it all depends on what your needs are. Mines mostly naked, and only goes in a case when I need it to.

I don't disagree that the Otterbox is a good case and yes it probably could handle a drop from higher up. Maybe the will make an Extreme LifeProof case later. Lol

I don't disagree that the Otterbox is a good case and yes it probably could handle a drop from higher up. Maybe the will make an Extreme LifeProof case later. Lol

Possibly but I like the lifeproof cause it's not as bulky as outerbox.

This is where I took the thin strip off the inside so it would lay flat on the screen.

I made an account on here just to say thanks. Removing those two little plastic strips removed any sort of air bubble between the screen and the protector. The screen works exactly like it does without anything over it at all now.

The only thing I can think of those strips are there for is a sort of "air cushion" for the screen but even in their videos they say to press it against your thigh to remove the air so those strips are essentially pointless. It's just as easy to remove the phone from the case with or without them there.

Not sure if I posted this or not but this is for those having the rainbow effect when removing the thin strips.

Yes it has happened to mine as well. I only see it when the screen isn't on. You can try taking the phone out and putting it back in to see if that helps or maybe puts the rainbow in a different location. It did change places on mine when I took the case apart to clean it. But as I said it didn't effect the usability or the visual at all. But if it bothers you then you could always cut thin strips of screen protector to put back on where you took them off.

How about "Battery charging cases" like the Phone Suit Elite that is advertised on here? I was researching those a bit to find one with as long of a charge as possible in case I can't get to a charger for a while and... I do have a 4s and it seem uncertain if/when Apple will be able to fix batter life issues. Although the Phone Suite Elite seems like a good option as it's relatively thing, gives 1 full charge etc., I did find other options including a couple that has a lot longer batter life than others.

Has anyone researched this also and come up with a favorite or two?

Thanks,
Phil

MiLi Pack4 This is a 3000mAh battery case You can also use it as a stand.

How about "Battery charging cases" like the Phone Suit Elite that is advertised on here? I was researching those a bit to find one with as long of a charge as possible in case I can't get to a charger for a while and... I do have a 4s and it seem uncertain if/when Apple will be able to fix batter life issues. Although the Phone Suite Elite seems like a good option as it's relatively thing, gives 1 full charge etc., I did find other options including a couple that has a lot longer batter life than others.

Has anyone researched this also and come up with a favorite or two?

Thanks,
Phil

escalade6103 said:
Not sure if I posted this or not but this is for those having the rainbow effect when removing the thin strips.

Yes it has happened to mine as well. I only see it when the screen isn't on. You can try taking the phone out and putting it back in to see if that helps or maybe puts the rainbow in a different location. It did change places on mine when I took the case apart to clean it. But as I said it didn't effect the usability or the visual at all. But if it bothers you then you could always cut thin strips of screen protector to put back on where you took them off.

I didn't remove my strips and I have the rainbow. It's very annoying. So I went with a otter box commuter case. Not as thick but with a screen protector, it's great.

I had my iPhone 3GS for 2 years and not once did I take it out in the rain or snow. So I will be good.

Now that the lifeproof has settled in do you all still love the case? Changed out for another,board with the color?
The shine should have worn off so do you have regretes?

Nope, none at all. For what I do it's the best case out there.

zipur said:
Now that the lifeproof has settled in do you all still love the case? Changed out for another,board with the color?

I've had my case for about a month now and I love it! It is a pain when I want to listen to music that I have to plug in the adapter but that's one gripe over the many qualities of this case.

I've gotten used to the screen gap and can type just fine now, and being able to have the phone play music while I'm in the shower is great!

I would like to have just a bumper case to show off the phone more but I'm so paranoid about water now that I can't get rid of this case. I know that this case is more like an extra insurance protection in case any thing might happen.

Bottom line. Love the case. Recommend it to everyone

zipur said:

Yeah I have changed every once in awhile. Not because I don't like it but sometimes I did just for something different. But the thought in the back of my head was just as soon as I don't have it in the LifeProof case I'll drop it or get caught out in the rain and get it wet. Having I in the case is like peace of mind. Sorry for the ones that got it and didnt like it. I tried to be as honest with my opinions as I could.