What's new

Lifeproof case

Here's new pics of the upgraded white front i received about 2 weeks ago. Notice the darker trim and bumpers to protect the silent switch. I've had no issues with this front, it works perfectly and the color is awesome, it's like a gunmetal. That color for the trim is supposedly how all the new ones will come including the pink. I have to say i love this company they fricken rule!

Attachments

• $ImageUploadedByTapatalk1316569348.503417.jpg
    $ImageUploadedByTapatalk1316569348.503417.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 661
  • $ImageUploadedByTapatalk1316569356.232240.jpg
    $ImageUploadedByTapatalk1316569356.232240.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 657
  • $ImageUploadedByTapatalk1316569364.598563.jpg
    $ImageUploadedByTapatalk1316569364.598563.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 657
mrbunglez said:
Here's new pics of the upgraded white front i received about 2 weeks ago. Notice the darker trim and bumpers to protect the silent switch. I've had no issues with this front, it works perfectly and the color is awesome, it's like a gunmetal. That color for the trim is supposedly how all the new ones will come including the pink. I have to say i love this company they fricken rule!

Nice.

I bought my awhile ago but I would love to get the new front. Will they replace the one I have? Anyone have a phone number?

Have had mine for about 3 weeks and love it!

Perfect for use on the motorcycle (currently velcro'd to the tank until the bar mount becomes available) and found out I can use it WITH GLOVES ON!!!

Awesome!!!

Ok something new to add that will help some people out. For those who are holding back on the lifeproof case because they don't have a belt clip, I have a solution. The IPhone 4 w the LifeProof case is the same size as the Droid X. So if you know someone or if you have some Droid X holsters from a previous phone you might be in luck. And the gps mount for the Droid X works as well with some Dremel tool work.

trucougar said:
I bought my awhile ago but I would love to get the new front. Will they replace the one I have? Anyone have a phone number?

I don't know why they would replace it just cause you don't like the color. But you can buy just the front piece.

escalade6103 said:
Ok something new to add that will help some people out. For those who are holding back on the lifeproof case because they don't have a belt clip, I have a solution. The IPhone 4 w the LifeProof case is the same size as the Droid X. So if you know someone or if you have some Droid X holsters from a previous phone you might be in luck. And the gps mount for the Droid X works as well with some Dremel tool work.

The nutshell case belt clip will work also

escalade6103 said:
I don't know why they would replace it just cause you don't like the color. But you can buy just the front piece.

Tell them callers can't hear you and they will send you a new updated front

I'm a youtuber. Can anybody comment on the picture quality through the lifeproof lens and the recorded sound quality? Also, can you adequately see the image on the screen in sunlight to compose shots?

Nite-Ize just came out with a hard case that will fit the LP case. I just ordered it along with my LP case and iPhone 4s.

c6e4e3e4-7e0f-41c7.jpg

Jerry


It's expensive I tell you that.

I bought it like an insurance policy. Verizon wants $9 a month for insurance. Couple that with a $49 charge if you need to use it. This case pays for itself in three months if you have an issue requiring replacement. Not to mention, it is really cool, and allow you to do so much with your phone. Expensive is relative.

Well, I have one in the mail, but will have no problem returning it if I have the problem with muffled sound. I do have an important question. Weekends I am in a low signal roaming area and battery life sucks. The Radtech extender is recommended by them and fits the case. What I can't find out is whether or not I can use an external battery extender and recharge the phone through this extender? Does anyone know? Lifeproof, are you still following the thread and can you answer this question? Thanks.

I do have an important question. Weekends I am in a low signal roaming area and battery life sucks. The Radtech extender is recommended by them and fits the case. What I can't find out is whether or not I can use an external battery extender and recharge the phone through this extender? Does anyone know? Lifeproof, are you still following the thread and can you answer this question? Thanks.

I read somewhere that the non-Radtech ones didn't fit too well, but that you could trim them down a bit with a sharp knife. Let's see if I can find the link.. maybe it was from the Robert Fisher comment at the bottom of LifeProof Case for iPhone 4/4S Review | TekGoblin - "You MUST use only the Original Apple iPhone 4 cord with it or buy the "Dock Extender" because the hole the cord fits into is so small it will not fit most (none of mine) aftermarket or POST iPhone 4 cords. (none that I have)". There is some talk of extenders here - http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/1709885. Ah, maybe it was comments #57 and 58 in this current discussion? Page 6, search for Dremel. They are talking about a sandpaper adapter for the dremel.

chris

I'll try to get some pics of my mods I've done. 3 months and I still love mine.

I read somewhere that the non-Radtech ones didn't fit too well, but that you could trim them down a bit with a sharp knife. Let's see if I can find the link.. maybe it was from the Robert Fisher comment at the bottom of LifeProof Case for iPhone 4/4S Review | TekGoblin - "You MUST use only the Original Apple iPhone 4 cord with it or buy the "Dock Extender" because the hole the cord fits into is so small it will not fit most (none of mine) aftermarket or POST iPhone 4 cords. (none that I have)". There is some talk of extenders here - http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/1709885. Ah, maybe it was comments #57 and 58 in this current discussion? Page 6, search for Dremel. They are talking about a sandpaper adapter for the dremel.

chris

Thanks...but let me restate. As I am unfamiliar with extenders at all, is there any reason to assume that one of those plug-in battery extenders would not work if recharging your phone through a dock extender?