What's new

Lifeproof cases

jimdd810

Reaction score
Just purchased a new lifeproof case for my iPhone 4. I was a die hard otter box defender user but I was to curious about the lifeproof case.
I like the case a lot and the main reason is I put my phone in the case after doing the whole water test on the empty case, I then dropped the phone and case in a deep bowl if water. It was totally cool.
I own a marine repair shop and am on the water all the time. I wanted something water proof. I got it in the lifeproof.
The 2 things that I'm not happy with are the ridge on the back and the screen cover is kind of springy. I'm sure I'll get used to them.
Well worth the money so far. I'll still keep my otter box and they are still a wonderful case but this lifeproof is the cats meow.

Sent from my iPhone ofcours

I just switched to the iPhone and was looking for a case to protect it. Bought the lifeproof after comparing it with the Ottercase. No regrets so far.

Just for grins I took it into the bath tub today. It was pretty darn cool. Hard to text with it underwater but stayed dry. I haven't dropped it yet but when I do I will be sure to put a report on here.
As I said earlier I'm not liking the ridge on the back but I've gotten used to the springy feeling of the screen protecter.
I guess I'll be making this a long term test thread.

Sent from my iPhone ofcours

Ok another thing I don't like about the lifeproof case is the way the earphone port needs and extension. I don't use earphones much but I do use speakers that plug in there and it is a pain to use the extender and worry about losing it.
That being said it is still a great case and not enough of a problem to stop me from using it

Sent from iPhone of course

Ok so I got a new dock extender for my phone due to the fact that I can't plug my phone to anything with the lifeproof case on it.
Rad tech dock extender works very well for most docks with a large opening. Also trying a Bluetooth speaker system from Logitech. It works very well as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Search the threads and you will find where I posted mods to the lifeproof case and it will fix all the problems and dislikes your having. I would post a link but I'm posting from my iPhone and I don't know how.

$360桌面截图20120229085902.jpgshow mine

I returned the Otterbox defender I purchased at best buy last week for a Lifeproof yesterday. I like it. Much smaller and washer to slide in and out of my pocket . I also got the belt clip which is really nice.

Easier to slide in and out of my pocket. Crazy ass spell check.

I use a nite eyz ouch carrying case for mine it works great. I don't ever worry about losing my phone with that one and very comfortable to wear.
I still like my lifeproof and it's even better that I got my dock extender. It still doesn't help me with al my docks but the important ones are good to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I posted in a couple other threads about my Lifeproof case. I've used the OB stuff for all my smartphones but decided to go with the Lifeproof after seeing all the positive reviews. It was kinda hard swallowing almost $120 for a case & clip but I'm a helluva lot happier now !

How long is the life span of this case? It seems that most everyone likes the Lifeproof case, however the reviews on the Best Buy site gives it a low overall rating due to breaks, tears and other problems that show up after a few months of use.

Anyone out there that has used this case for 6 month or longer?