What's new

Lifeproof cases

Bourbon City said:
How long is the life span of this case? It seems that most everyone likes the Lifeproof case, however the reviews on the Best Buy site gives it a low overall rating due to breaks, tears and other problems that show up after a few months of use.

Anyone out there that has used this case for 6 month or longer?

I've had the LifeProof since October and I love, Love, LOVE it!

Most people who have problems are the ones who take the case off regularly. This case is not designed to take it off. In fact I have not has mine off since putting it on.
I have not had any of the problems with the case and I'm extremely hard on my cases. I'm a firefighter and an EMT. I also own a marine repair business and am around tough environments all the time never a problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had the Lifeproof case for a couple weeks then returned it. I loved the look and feel of the case, but I couldn't hear the ringer, alerts, notifications etc...that well with the case on.

I had the Lifeproof case for a couple weeks then returned it. I loved the look and feel of the case, but I couldn't hear the ringer, alerts, notifications etc...that well with the case on.

This was an issue with the Gen 1 cases. There is no problem with the ones selling now. Their customer service is top notch!!! Well worth the money. I would rather pay $117 for case and belt clip than to pay Verizon for their so called "insurance" plus the crazy deductible they want if you have to replace your phone. The way I look at it, it took less than a month to pay for itself. YMMV

I have the lifeproof case for my iPhone 4 it is a good case but the three downfalls are you cant dock it without buying the extender and the headphone jack only works with the adapter and the only sync cable ive found that works is the one that came with the phone. Although it is "lifeproof" im still looking for something a little more simple that doesnt require all this added stuff to work the basic functions of the phone.
P.S. Dropped mine from about ten feet and it was pretty resiliant other than the cap for the headphone jack it did crack

I bought a life proof case Nd the air bubble is really a problem I've youtubed it thousands of times how to put the case wrong and I hate having to pound down for a key and I hate the noise it keeps making. Somebody help me with this air bubble before I take it back

Never heard about it. Can someone post a picture please. Would really like to see it.

I got my Lifeproof case at thee d of February and it's great. Watch the video on how to put the case together. I have no air bubbles at all. Touch sensitivity is reduced just a fraction. I use my iPhone when I run and it has gotten wet without a problem. As far as the headphones go I decided to get a inexpensive Bluetooth headphone. Gogrove Bluetooth headphones and I got the sports armband from Lifeproof. What a great. Combination. This case is the best case I have had to date. I dropped the phone in a pitcher of water at a restaurant to prove its waterproof . Again no leaks, water tight as advertised. If your concerned about water, dropping or using it outdoors this is the case for you, or me as it is.

Ferdi said:
Never heard about it. Can someone post a picture please. Would really like to see it.

Here it is

Attachments

• $image-1897223412.jpg
    $image-1897223412.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 1,521
  • $image-2509431076.jpg
    $image-2509431076.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 1,497
Wow! Thanks Semel. It looks and sounds to me that it is a must have. Hehe. Will see if it is available in South Africa

Ferdi said:
Wow! Thanks Semel. It looks and sounds to me that it is a must have. Hehe. Will see if it is available in South Africa

Homeboy are we?(SA) you're welcome.

krousseau12 said:
I bought a life proof case Nd the air bubble is really a problem I've youtubed it thousands of times how to put the case wrong and I hate having to pound down for a key and I hate the noise it keeps making. Somebody help me with this air bubble before I take it back

Search on here for another lifeproof thread and it will have pics of how to fix this. There are 2 thin strips on the inside of the front that you can remove and it completely solves this problem.

acemano69 said:
I have the lifeproof case for my iPhone 4 it is a good case but the three downfalls are you cant dock it without buying the extender and the headphone jack only works with the adapter and the only sync cable ive found that works is the one that came with the phone. Although it is "lifeproof" im still looking for something a little more simple that doesnt require all this added stuff to work the basic functions of the phone.
P.S. Dropped mine from about ten feet and it was pretty resiliant other than the cap for the headphone jack it did crack

6' Sync cables on eBay for $3 that have the same ends as stock cable.
If u like the case try a different set of earbuds.