What's new

Jailbreaking Verizon iPhone 4.2.6

komobu

Reaction score
I have a verizon iphone that is about 2 weeks old. Checking Settings->General->About shows me the Version is 4.2.6(8E200). The MEID is A100001ADC809F and the Modem Firmware is 1.0.05 I am using a windows xp computer to try to jailbreak the phone

I tried using Greenpois0n. I hold the sleep button for 2 seconds, keep holding the sleep button and also press the home button for 10 seconds, then release only the sleep button for 15 seconds.

I have watched numerous videos on you tube, but nothing is working for me.

While it is on the final 15 seconds, it always gets to 8 and then the second counter goes away and everything just grays out. Then eventually green pois0n will say that the jailbreak has failed.

I deliberately have avoided upgrading my version because I want to jail break it. Any help jailbreaking this phone would be appreatiated.

Do you have the phone plug to your computer and iTunes open by the time you are doing this?

Do you have the phone plug to your computer and iTunes open by the time you are doing this?

Thanks for the help. I do have the phone plugged into the computer with the original usb cable that came with the iphone from verizon. I do not have itunes running during the procedure. Should I?

Ok, if I understand, you are having a Verizon iPhone with bb 01.00.05 and firmware 4.2.6
Why don't you use redsnow to jailbreak? Does your phone use a sim card? If not then just use redsnow it's so simple.