What's new

How to Guide to Jailbreak iOS 4.2.1 with Greenpois0n RC 6 (Unteathered)

DannyBoy

Reaction score
9fe17979.jpg

After a long wait, finally Chronic Dev-Team has released the Greenpois0n RC 6 to Jailbreak iOS 4.2.1 ‘untethered’ on all devices. The recent release of Greenpois0n RC 6 does not require you to have SHSH blobs saved for 4.2b3 on the Cydia. Previously Dev-Team had released redsn0w 0.9.7 to achieve the same Jailbreak which required the SHSH blobs for iOS 4.2b3 and it was only available to users who had the Developer account. Anyhow here is the Quick guide to Jailbreak your iOS device with the latest version of Greenpois0n RC6.

What do you Need:

Greenpois0n RC 6

An Internet connection

http://cache.greenpois0n.com/dl/gp_mac_rc6_final.zip

http://cache.greenpois0n.com/dl/gp_win_rc6_final.zip

Supported Devices:

iPhone 4
iPhone 3GS
iPod Touch 4/3G/2G
Apple TV/2G
Important Note:

iPhone 4 users who rely on Carrier Unlock, must stay away from it. As upgrading to iOS 4.2.1 will update your baseband as well which is not unlockable as of yet.

Step by Step Guide:

Step 1. First of All Download the Greenpois0n RC6 Final.

Step 2. Now connect your iPhone via USB cable to your computer and Launch Greenpois0n. And Click ‘Prepare to Jailbreak DFU’

Step 3. Now you would require to put your Device in DFU Mode.

Hold down both Home Button and Sleep/awake Button at the same for 10 seconds.
After 10 seconds release Sleep/Awake Button However Keep holding the Home Button until*iTunes*pops up a message that ‘*iTunes*has detected an iPhone in Recovery Mode ‘ and iPhone Screen would go blank. that’s it.

Step 4. Once your Device is in DFU Mode. Press Jailbreak and It would start the process.

Step 5. Once the Jailbreak is complete Click Complete button to finish the Application. You will find ‘Loader’ icon your Homescreen. Press to Launch it and Install Cydia. That’s it. You have now*successfully*Jailbroken your device on iOS 4.2.1 – If you any question please feel free to let us know in the comment section below.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just done this last night. Never got round to it sooner.

Excellent guide as allways Danny...

9fe17979.jpg

After a long wait, finally Chronic Dev-Team has released the Greenpois0n RC 5 to Jailbreak iOS 4.2.1 ‘untethered’ on all devices. The recent release of Greenpois0n RC 5 does not require you to have SHSH blobs saved for 4.2b3 on the Cydia. Previously Dev-Team had released redsn0w 0.9.7 to achieve the same Jailbreak which required the SHSH blobs for iOS 4.2b3 and it was only available to users who had the Developer account. Anyhow here is the Quick guide to Jailbreak your iOS device with the latest version of Greenpois0n RC5.

What do you Need:

Greenpois0n RC 6

An Internet connection

Supported Devices:

iPhone 4
iPhone 3GS
iPod Touch 4/3G/2G
Apple TV/2G
Important Note:

iPhone 4 users who rely on Carrier Unlock, must stay away from it. As upgrading to iOS 4.2.1 will update your baseband as well which is not unlockable as of yet.

Step by Step Guide:

Step 1. First of All Download the Greenpois0n RC5.

Step 2. Now connect your iPhone via USB cable to your computer and Launch Greenpois0n. And Click ‘Prepare to Jailbreak DFU’

After 10 seconds release Sleep/Awake Button However Keep holding the Home Button until*iTunes*pops up a message that ‘*iTunes*has detected an iPhone in Recovery Mode ‘ and iPhone Screen would go blank. that’s it.

Step 4. Once your Device is in DFU Mode. Press Jailbreak and It would start the process.

Step 5. Once the Jailbreak is complete Click Complete button to finish the Application. You will find ‘Loader’ icon your Homescreen. Press to Launch it and Install Cydia. That’s it. You have now*successfully*Jailbroken your device on iOS 4.2.1 – If you any question please feel free to let us know in the comment section below.

can sim unlock the ios 4.1?

So i just installed rc6 over rc5 beta 4 and the phone completly froozed during the process. nice

9fe17979.jpg

After a long wait, finally Chronic Dev-Team has released the Greenpois0n RC 5 to Jailbreak iOS 4.2.1 ‘untethered’ on all devices. The recent release of Greenpois0n RC 5 does not require you to have SHSH blobs saved for 4.2b3 on the Cydia. Previously Dev-Team had released redsn0w 0.9.7 to achieve the same Jailbreak which required the SHSH blobs for iOS 4.2b3 and it was only available to users who had the Developer account. Anyhow here is the Quick guide to Jailbreak your iOS device with the latest version of Greenpois0n RC5.

What do you Need:

Greenpois0n RC 6

An Internet connection

Supported Devices:

iPhone 4
iPhone 3GS
iPod Touch 4/3G/2G
Apple TV/2G
Important Note:

Step by Step Guide:

Step 1. First of All Download the Greenpois0n RC5.

can sim unlock the ios 4.1?

it can work with 4.2.1 if you have the right baseband but not with greenpois0n

GREEPOIS0N DEVS DO NOT DEAL WITH UNLOCKS

but use iClarified - Apple News and Tutorials and they have some good tutorials on how to unlock 4.2.1 if your on the right baseband and how to upgrade and save earlier basebands so you can still unlock if you rely on it

i just update my ipod 4 4.1 to 4.2.1 i jb to this rc6.. thanks god no problem at all!!!

I would like to know how do i upgrade the jailbreak from 4.1 to 4.2.1, i tried both Greenpoison RC5 and RC6 and it goes through the motions of jailbreaking but it remains on 4.1?

I "shift restore" the 4.2.1 firmware and got the expected 1013 error in itunes i then went and used RC6 and it completes the jailbreak but the phone stays at 4.1.

I'm new at this but it should be doable.

When in Itunes checking for updates results in none being found.

I would like to know how do i upgrade the jailbreak from 4.1 to 4.2.1, i tried both Greenpoison RC5 and RC6 and it goes through the motions of jailbreaking but it remains on 4.1?

I "shift restore" the 4.2.1 firmware and got the expected 1013 error in itunes i then went and used RC6 and it completes the jailbreak but the phone stays at 4.1.

I'm new at this but it should be doable.

When in Itunes checking for updates results in none being found.

Unless your preserving your baseband you don't need to shift restore. Just restore normally in iTunes to 4.2.1 (4.2.6 if on verzion) then jailbreak using greenpoisi0n rc6.

If your still getting error 1013 see this thread...