What's new

greenpois0n now has an un tethered working version for ios 4.2.1

As I understood, it doesn't hacktivates phone?

That's right it doesn't.

I can confirm this works too... I can also confirm that if you currently have the tethered redsn0w JB, that you can run greenpois0n right over the top which makes it untethered.

You never lose you data, this one (untethered) allows you to power on (boot) iPhone without connecting it to computer.
We can't now that for sure :(

I thought there was an untethered jailbreak for mac already.

Anyway, i have a factory unlocked iPhone 4 .. it came with ios 4.1 but i had to update it to 4.2.1 because i got stuck in recovery mode while trying to JB it using greenpoison. Since i waited for a long time for an untethered windows version for 4.2.1 and still its not out.. is there any way to downgrade back to 4.1 ( i have no SHSH blobs saved)?

Oh and i heard that apps and games now require the latest version of IOS to work? is this true? so when the windows jb version comes out we will enjoy it for like 2 weeks till the release of 4.3 then wait again for a 4.3 JB?

I have so many problems with this jb like when i click on loader Cydia wont pop up what do i do?

I thought there was an untethered jailbreak for mac already.

Anyway, i have a factory unlocked iPhone 4 .. it came with ios 4.1 but i had to update it to 4.2.1 because i got stuck in recovery mode while trying to JB it using greenpoison. Since i waited for a long time for an untethered windows version for 4.2.1 and still its not out.. is there any way to downgrade back to 4.1 ( i have no SHSH blobs saved)?

Oh and i heard that apps and games now require the latest version of IOS to work? is this true? so when the windows jb version comes out we will enjoy it for like 2 weeks till the release of 4.3 then wait again for a 4.3 JB?

well it was a beta one that you had to have shsh blobs saved and access to the beta3 of 4.2.1 i think it was... plus a windows and linux version are coming soon.

and it seems there are problems with this gp but they are working to release another gp to fix issues

good question, i wonder if its been asked in the Q and A forum.. i asked in irc and no one has given me a clear answer..

why not upgrade to 10.6.6?

Does anyone know why i cant download cydia from loader?

Is it supposed to be possible to jailbreak without any sim card in the phone?