Greenpois0n 4.2.1 un tethered jailbreak for windows users

Gregoris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
http://cache.greenpois0n.com/dl/gp_win_rc5_b2.zip

finally its here for you windows users.. enjoy

-- edit ----

for any one having trouble here is a tutorial how to jailbreak..

Step One
Open your web browser of choice and navigate to http://www.greenpois0n.com. Click the Windows link at the bottom of the screen.

41440.png

Step Two
When prompted save the download to your desktop

47459.png

Step Three
Double click the downloaded gp_win_rc5_b2.zip file then drag the greenpois0n.exe file to the desktop. Double greenpois0n.exe from the desktop to launch the application

47461.png

47460.png

Step Four
Power off your iPhone then click the large Prepare to Jailbreak (DFU) button

47464.png

Step Five
You will now be instructed on how to place your iPhone into DFU mode. You can get help with this here.

47465.png

You will be asked to press and hold the sleep button for 2 seconds.

47466.png

Continue holding sleep; press and hold home for 10 seconds.

47467.png

Release sleep button; continue holding home for 15 seconds.

47468.png

Step Six
Once your iPhone is successfully in DFU mode you may click the Jailbreak button.

47469.png

Step Seven
Greenpois0n will now jailbreak your device

47471.png

Step Eight
Click the Quit button once the software application has completed.

47472.png

You'll notice some verbose mode text scrolling on your device.

Step Nine
After the iPhone restarts you'll notice a new Loader application on your Springboard. Press to launch it.

47474.png

Step Ten
Press to select Cydia then press the large Install Cydia button that appears.

47475.png

Step Eleven
Once Cydia has installed successfully you can remove Loader by pressing the Options button then the large red Remove Loader.app button.

47478.png

Step Twelve
Restart your iPhone then run Cydia. Let it do all the necessary updates then follow our Unlock tutorial if possible for your device.

47479.png

***A big thanks goes everyone who made this jailbreak possible.

taken from here: http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=12159

Last edited:
no they dont deal with unlocks the team that releases green pois0n... this is for jailbreak only not unlock

Downloaded [big thanks to DevTeam] and waiting but has anyone tested this? I am awaiting some info on another post before I try

Last edited:
yeah lots of ppl had problems with the first os x version so well see for the windows one, lots of people downloading it but no one is saying if its ok or not, no complaints so far just a lot of praise to the devs

Nevermind!!! I got it, I think im gonna wait til after I get back from shopping to try it though.

when it was first released the site was so over loaded it was taken down i wouldent be surprised if it happens for windows users too

How to do if I want to preserve my baseband? I got 02.10.04
Maybe I want to unlock later when it may be possible.

with pwnage tool but thats mac only, not sure if there is a windows alternative that holds off the bb update

Should we save our SHSH's or BLOBS, or whatever it is that I keep seeing pop up in jailbreak threads?

well already having some issues. after rebooting it started in safe mode due to something with the baseboard crashing. now after rebooting again its stuck on the greenpois0n logo and going nowhere. nice