What's new

Please help! Can't Jailbreak Verizon Iphone 4 4.2.5 firmware

DJHB317

Reaction score
I am running 4.2.5 right now. I have run Greenpoison and the loader popped up, but it wont load. I have tried to restore, but I can't find the 4.2.5 IPSW anywhere! I also tried using tiny umbrella and restoring to 4.2.6, but it wouldnt work. I am totally stuck! If I cant jailbreak this version, can I selectively upgrade to maybe 4.2.6? Help me get Cydia please.

Have you ever install 4.2.6 into your device? have you ever save shsh for that firmware?
Ipsw should be in your computer if you have ever upgrade your iPhone iOS using your computer. Look at these location in your computer:
On a windows ckmputer. You should first allow hidden file to be showed, you can clic organize >folder and search options. in the popup wondow clic on tab "view" then mark "show hidden files, folders and drives" when that's done go to
C: user > username(your comp user name) > appData > Roaming > apple computer > iTunes > iPhone Softwarw Updates. In that folder you will find your the ipsw which was downloaded by itunes and used by itunes to upgrade your iOS. you can copy, NOT CUT the ipsw to another location like to your desktop.

On a mac computer :
Home Folder/Library/Application Support/iTunes/iPod Firmware