What's new

iOS 5 GM

izzyfanto

Reaction score
i couldn't wait, so i upgraded to iOS 5 Gold Master and everything runs beautifully. love the notification center! and the volume up button to take a picture is great. I'm not a dev btw...it's pretty easy to do :-D

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

Is it just me or does the gm have issues with

*no FaceTime over 3G. Feature I really wanted.
*newstand. Store button grey
*20mb limit.
*no quick reply with notifications.
*not all of my ringtones can be used as a SMS tone.
*no camera button on the lockscreen (double tap the home button on the lockscreen, duh self)
*no tabbed browsing in safari.

I'm just playing around with it right now. Trying to figure out what's possible.

Thread merged.

Last edited:
Rumours said that facetime would work over a 3G connection but it does not seem to work, it could be that both users MUST be on ios 5? If you want iCrank try and call me as I have the GM installed

iCrank said:
Is it just me or does the gm have issues with

*no FaceTime over 3G. Feature I really wanted.
*newstand. Store button grey
*20mb limit.
*no quick reply with notifications.
*no camera button on the lockscreen (double tap the home button on the lockscreen, duh self)
*no tabbed browsing in safari.

I'm just playing around with it right now. Trying to figure out what's possible.

Thread merged.

-yeah, def wanted the 3G FaceTime
-newsstand store button is indeed grey, but that's prolly cuz there no magazines for sale in the store yet
-there is an option to "download apps through cellular data"(see attachment)...whether that means over 20mbs I dont know
-what do you mean by quick reply?

Attachments

• $image-3794722275.jpg
    $image-3794722275.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 474
I'd there an option to remove icon label on that GM? Actually that's if there is I wouldn't want to jailbreak the iOS 5.

Double check the length of the ringtone. I "think" that ringtones can be 40 seconds but SMS tones have to be 30 seconds or less.

I just checked my list and all my ringtones under 30 seconds do show up for text tone selection.

Skull One said:
Double check the length of the ringtone. I "think" that ringtones can be 40 seconds but SMS tones have to be 30 seconds or less.

I just checked my list and all my ringtones under 30 seconds do show up for text tone selection.

good catch

bab2010 said:
I'd there an option to remove icon label on that GM? Actually that's if there is I wouldn't want to jailbreak the iOS 5.

not sure what your question is sorry

Skull One said:

The one ringtone that I want to use as my SMS tone is 30 seconds. I'll go and recheck them. Thanks.

izzyfanto said:
-what do you mean by quick reply?

Quick Reply makes replying to text a breeze. Like if I receive a text I just have to type the message and hit reply instead of opening the message app

The one ringtone that I want to use as my SMS tone is 30 seconds. I'll go and recheck them. Thanks.

Interesting. The only other issue I can theorize on would be the bitrate. Check to see if that ringtone is above 192kb constant.

No. iOS 5, at present, still shows the text below the icons that was set by the developer with no way to override it.

Skull One said:
Interesting. The only other issue I can theorize on would be the bitrate. Check to see if that ringtone is above 192kb constant.

Yeah they're at like that. Well I guess I'm stuck with tri-tone for now. Ha.

iCrank said:
Quick Reply makes replying to text a breeze. Like if I receive a text I just have to type the message and hit reply instead of opening the message app

like the Android apps?

iCrank said:
Yeah they're at like that. Well I guess I'm stuck with tri-tone for now. Ha.

mine show up and work perfect... :)

and they shortened some of the old alerts as well as the call ringtones into short blurps, and they have a couple new alerts tones. I personally despise tri tone lol