What's new

IOS 5 GM -apps missing?

egobuster1

Reaction score
so i downloaded the new IOS 5 GM and installed it and got everything working and it looks so nice but I've noticed there stuff missing that was mentioned in the developers conferences such as find my friends or w.e it was called, and the post card app and thats just to name a few
also i don't really see anything on iMessenger although i won't be able to even use it since no one i know has to IOS 5 yet

egobuster1 said:
so i downloaded the new IOS 5 GM and installed it and got everything working and it looks so nice but I've noticed there stuff missing that was mentioned in the developers conferences such as find my friends or w.e it was called, and the post card app and thats just to name a few
also i don't really see anything on iMessenger although i won't be able to even use it since no one i know has to IOS 5 yet

Friends & Family and Cards will be released on the 12th. IMessage is built into the stock messaging app

yeah i figured the rest of the apps and odds and end things will be released with the official version

Your gonna be able to download it from app store and iMessage works great.

Nothing is changing with Messenger as it is now except that when you send a message to someone who has an iDevice, the text box will be blue instead of green meaning it was sent for free correct?

iMessage is like the best thing since sliced bread..

Seriously, even over poor 3G i can send messages in an instant and and tell when ppl read them and even tell when they are replying!

and where i work i have extremely bad signal.. like it wont send text messages and i have wifi.. so i can use iMessage over that!

Its great! so fast! I can't wait till everyone i know gets the new iOS

yeah i was wondering if the new apps for iOS 5 if they were going to be app store downloaded or baked into the OS its self..

quick question hopefully someone sees this
I'm currently running the GM version of IOS, but when the official release hits and i plug my phone in will it ask to update you think or will it already think i have the updated version
im assuming it'll still have me update as if i was a developer

egobuster1 said:
yeah i was wondering if the new apps for iOS 5 if they were going to be app store downloaded or baked into the OS its self..

quick question hopefully someone sees this
I'm currently running the GM version of IOS, but when the official release hits and i plug my phone in will it ask to update you think or will it already think i have the updated version
im assuming it'll still have me update as if i was a developer

If your running the gm now you can just update the software OTA. Their should be a minor update for gm users.

The GM is what is being installed at the factory on new phones.

The missing apps are not part of the OS, except Siri, they will be available to download in the app store tomorrow.

The next OTA update will most likely be 5.0.n

-t

thewitt said:
The GM is what is being installed at the factory on new phones.

The missing apps are not part of the OS, except Siri, they will be available to download in the app store tomorrow.

The next OTA update will most likely be 5.0.n

-t

Siri won't be available for download. Don't want to start a confusion. Just family and friends and cards

the find my friends app has already went live in the app store