What's new

iOS 5.1 Released

Have they closed the signing window on 5.0.1 yet?

iPhoneDerpounis said:
Well no. Ios 5 came out on oct 12 and 4.3.5 stopped being signed on oct 17

I think it depends on Steve Jobs, or rather Tim Cook's mood.

Well no. Ios 5 came out on oct 12 and 4.3.5 stopped being signed on oct 17
That was a major version number iOS update. That's why we had a little longer then. I forgot that we had that much time between 4.3.5 and 5.0. But I know within a given major rev it's very short the window. 5.0.1 wasn't even 48 hrs.

Battery life still sucks. Been unplugged for an hour and a half and down to 76%. Using as normal with no significant notice in improvement.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using iPF.net

Anybody got update on battery, that would be the only reason id lose my jailbreak

Well, I updated last night, let it fully charge till this morning, and now I am at 60% after using the phone for 1 hour and 30 minutes. My battery life has gone from an awful 6 hours to an OMFG ARE YOU SERIOUS!? 4 hours. This is pathetic.

Well, I updated last night, let it fully charge till this morning, and now I am at 60% after using the phone for 1 hour and 30 minutes. My battery life has gone from an awful 6 hours to an OMFG ARE YOU SERIOUS!? 4 hours. This is pathetic.

Do a full cycle recharge before you panic to reset the upper and lower data points for the battery charge levels. Never trust the first results of a brand new install till you do that.

For those getting constant errors use itunes and plug in your device into itunes, air updates dont seem to like jailbroken devices

horsehaulin said:
Just updated mine through iTunes because the phone had an error every time I tried. Appears too many iPhone users were trying to download at the same time.

Hope to get a few more minutes of charge.

Ahhhh!!!! That's why I could not do it via wifi!!!

Sent from my Tricked Out Pink Hearts Glittery Verizon Black 32GB iPhone 4 Tethered to iPad 2 w IOS 5.1 Update iPF.net

Do a full cycle recharge before you panic to reset the upper and lower data points for the battery charge levels. Never trust the first results of a brand new install till you do that.

I know, and I am, just wanted to let people know if they are doing it before work or something bring a charger with you because 4 hours is no time at all lol

I know, and I am, just wanted to let people know if they are doing it before work or something bring a charger with you because 4 hours is no time at all lol

I just looked at my iPhone 4S with iOS 5.1 official on it. Battery stats are:

92% remaining.
Usage: 54 minutes.
Standby: 3 Hours, 55 Minutes.

So your experience is a tad different than mine.