What's new

iOS 5.1 Finally Ready for Release

Hate to sound stupid but how do I go about this? Lol I've never updated an iPhone before. Is it available yet?

its not available yet but if you are on ios 5 then go into the settings > general and software update or you can plug your device into the computer and open itunes and it will notify you that there is a new update when it is available shortly

Unleashed said:
its not available yet but if you are on ios 5 then go into the settings > general and software update or you can plug your device into the computer and open itunes and it will notify you that there is a new update when it is available shortly

Ok cool. I am on ios5 and it wasn't available when I checked, so I will just try later. Thanks!

Sadly because I am on the beta, I have to wait till I get home and do a manual update :(

you are better off waiting any way because nothing from apple is working and the download failed half way through for me

Please whoever updates us let us know if there is any dramatic changes and if the APN option is there lol If I update and loose my jailbreak I will lose my option of sending MMS

This update contains improvements and bug fixes, including:
Japanese language support for Siri (availability may be limited during initial rollout)
Photos can now be deleted from Photo Stream
Camera shortcut now always visible on Lock Screen for iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS and iPod touch (4th generation)
Camera face detection now highlights all detected faces
Redesigned Camera app for iPad
Genius Mixes and Genius playlists for iTunes Match subscribers
Audio for TV shows and movies on iPad optimized to sound louder and clearer
Podcast controls for playback speed and a 30 second rewind for iPad
Updated AT&T network indicator
Addresses bugs affecting battery life
Fixes an issue that occasionally caused audio to drop for outgoing calls
For information on the security content of this update, please visit this website:
http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1222

Thats the spec for the update I've just done. I can't see any change at all other than single home button click now shows camera icon instead of double click.

iHolophyte

downloading update now...only 5 more hours to go. i dont know why i do this to myself, i should just wait a couple days instead of struggling through the download.

downloading update now...only 5 more hours to go. i dont know why i do this to myself, i should just wait a couple days instead of struggling through the download.
5hours??? Are you just joking? Mine took about 20 minutes.

Just got the download and install and it took about 30 minutes total

I'm waiting for the Jailbreak for iOS 5.1. Gotta have my Style Unlock:)

I kid not...itunes says 4 hours to go now. Im about a third of the way done and its been going for about 30min.