What's new

iOS 5.1 Finally Ready for Release

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
[FONT=&amp]
apple-logo.jpg

MacRumors reports today on a story on Chronic Wire that says that iOS 5.1 has finally passed Apple’s quality assurance testing standards, and can now be released publicly. According to Chronic Wire, iOS 5.1 is now at gold master stage, with 9B176 said to be the final build, and the one that will be released to the public. It is thought that the QA phase occurred over the past three weeks, with both Apple and its carrier partners working to pinpoint and iron out any possible bugs in the software prior to releasing it to the public. [/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Also reporting on the story, 9to5 Mac says that it has been hearing “whispers” about expanded Siri integration, including more devices, and maybe even the Apple TV Remote app. They say that we may learn more about this tomorrow during the iPad launch, especially if Siri is going to be integrated into the new iPad. [/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Source: Testing on iOS 5.1 Golden Master Reportedly Complete Ahead of iPad 3 Launch - Mac Rumors[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Report: iOS 5.1 Gold Master has passed QA, includes new features | 9to5Mac | Apple Intelligence[/FONT]

I am a little miffed that us iOS Developers have been on iOS 5.1.0 Beta 3 since Jan 9th and we never got a shot at the GM.

Coming from previous blackberry with cspire wireless
And never having updated iPhone. When 5.1 is released will
It be released in lump or by cellular services?

5.1 will not exist to me until there is a jailbreak.lol.

Graysdaddy said:
Coming from previous blackberry with cspire wireless
And never having updated iPhone. When 5.1 is released will
It be released in lump or by cellular services?

Released by apple directly to your phone if you're on 5.0.1 currently, all other operating systems must be updated via iTunes

Released by apple directly to your phone if you're on 5.0.1 currently, all other operating systems must be updated via iTunes

Um woot - Im a iphone4 noob and have Jailbroken (5.01) - I dont want to update to 5.1 until there is a JB available for that iOS - what do I need to change on my phone/itunes to stop it updating?

Sorry perhaps this should be in another topic not sure

Um woot - Im a iphone4 noob and have Jailbroken (5.01) - I dont want to update to 5.1 until there is a JB available for that iOS - what do I need to change on my phone/itunes to stop it updating?

Sorry perhaps this should be in another topic not sure

As of today, Apple has not forced any updates. You have to at least accept the update when asked. That could certainly change in the future, but right now it won't happen automatically.

Disappointed I havent heard of any significant battery life solving in this update... C'mon apple.

Disappointed I havent heard of any significant battery life solving in this update... C'mon apple.

I doubt any firmware update will fix that, a lot of devices had battery life issues and no firmware updates as promised fixed them... but battery life can really be increased on the users end and also you can invest in a battery case (if you have the spare cash) but it really does help.

Today we will likely get the final version of ios 5.1 at the announcement from apple.. just over 6 hours to go :D

Primetime said:

You haven't? I have. Like that and much more. But guess what man?.....Apple claims to fix battery life in every update.....so even tho the "did" state that battery life will be better in 5.1.......don't get your hopes up. Seriously.

Unleashed said:
ios 5.1 is being released today so ou can try it and see for yourself.

Hate to sound stupid but how do I go about this? Lol I've never updated an iPhone before. Is it available yet?