What's new

Seriously contemplating going back to Android.

LukeKay2001

Reaction score
I’ve had my iPhone 13 since Christmas and I love how fast and fluid it is, but I’m dissapointed and downright f****ed off with how Apple do some things. The lack of music equaliser for Spotify is bad, but what pushed me over the edge the other day to the point where I downright snapped my cable in frustration is just how idiotic the file transfer system works.

This is my first iPhone, and my first Apple product ever. I have a PC and on android you can just drag and drop files with ease, wherever I want on my devices. iPhone however, is so convoluted, for no reason.

I’ve searched far and wide for different methods, and nothing is working easily. iTunes sucks, my phone is never recognised even when it’s connected and on the Home Screen, with both devices updated properly. I also have “keep originals” and the computer is trusted. The way to transfer files on there is disgusting anyway, as it is very restrictive! I also have tried normal usb transfer, opening photos on my pc and importing from device, airdrop doesn’t work as it says the files are too big, endless issues

I can only at the moment use wireless transfer methods like Google drive or Dropbox, but with me being a creative individual, I have some video files on my phone that total something like 50gb and I do not have the time or I simply cannot be bothered to wait as long as it will take. Especially if they are video tests, smaller videos or photos are just as much of a pain. It’s really frustrating me and I think my next phone will be android again so PLEASE someone help me transfer from iPhone to PC and back again, FAST and EFFICENTLY, WITHOUT using iTunes or airdrop.

I’d like to keep the iPhone but the way the stuff is designed, it’s REALLY hard for me to keep rooting for it. Thanks

The iPhone can indeed be restrictive and thus the reason it’s not for everyone. Having said that, if you’re more productive with an Android smartphone then by all means use an Android. Thank GOD for choices right?

That is up to you friend, fortunately you have options.

I just recently learned that I can hook up a flash drive directly to my iPad and transfer files from it to my pc that way, and vice versa. It works well and is pretty easy. I don’t know if it works with iPhone because I don’t have an adapter to check it out but I would imagine it would. As far as iTunes goes, what do you need it for? I’m asking because I haven’t used it in years not to be argumentative.

I’ll admit that your, file transfer, complaint is one I had immediately when I switched years ago. But for me it wasn’t a deal breaker and didn’t come close to outweighing the benefits I found by using the iPhone and being in the apple ecosystem. It may take some time to get used to iOS and how it operates so try to keep an open mind until your are absolutely ready to switch back. Good luck bud.

Like seriously who in there right freakin mind would mention android on an iPhone forum? That should be a big no in my book,🤭